Crap You're Sick of Hearing!

jbell157

Reaction score
I swear that no one on this earth understands what its like to be pregnant unless they are...even if they've been pregnant before!

I'm so sick of hearing:

1) "Are you sure you're not having twins?" Seriously??? Really??? So I look that huge? Thanks for making me feel even bigger than I already do!

2) "Any day now!" No shit!

3) "I'm so exhausted!" Really? Because I'm 9 1/2 months pregnant working the same job as you, waking up every 3-4 hours to pee...but I'm so sorry you're tired.

4) "How are you feeling?" Umm, my stomach feels like its going to rip open, I'm so tired, my feet are swollen, I feel like I'm about to start my period, bust out crying, or break something...oh wait I need to go pee again! Plus, 5 minutes ago I told you I felt fine...so yeah I guess I still feel fine.

Anything you're particularly sick of hearing?

"I don't know how you are going to do it" in response to 2 under 2

"Well I hope it's a girl, but if not you can try again" why do they assume I want a girl?

"Youre a sucker for punishment!" - my children are a beautiful blessing, not a punishment!!!

"I bet youre hoping for a girl!!" - acutally, a baby who's alive and healthy is really ALL we want.

"Your husband better get another job to support all those kids!!" - we're not dickheads. We know how to budget.

"Better get the snip/tubes tied after this one" - Umm..... mind your own f*cking business.

"You look ready to pop!"

Thanks, I feel like it too :/

" you know your going to have that baby early " wtf I want this baby to bake for long as possible thanks

"So your done now right " why is me having more any of your business? Why do some people. Think of a woman as wanting to have more than 3 greedy . Silly

Yes ama I hear that too! "You're not going to make it"

I'm so glad you know when the baby will come!

"Do you think you're having a boy or a girl?" I hate it when people ask me this, I have no idea! Especially when the same people ask me every time I see them -.-

And every time I see my aunt she makes some sort of comment about me 'getting fat'. Just what I want to hear, thanks.

Yes ama I hear that too! "You're not going to make it"

I'm so glad you know when the baby will come!

It does make it a lot easier that I know when he will be here lol :) but yes I wish people would stop saying he will be here every week . It makes me worry like mad when I should be enjoying the time ,I certainly don't want him coming now as he would need intervention etc . Ppl can be thoughtless x

'No more after these two right?'
Thank you jackass for bringing up a sensitive subject since I REALLY want one more but OH has said no for the time being since I have a high risk of having twins again. :thumbup: :growlmad:

AND if I tell them I really want one more I get
'You don't really need anymore.' :growlmad: Fuck off.

Edit: Also, MIL and SIL have now started questioning me about birth and when I express how terrified I am of c-sec (all major surgery for that matter) and how worried I am since I'll most likely be getting one, I get 'I've had two (SIL) and she had three (MIL) so obviously its not a big deal.'
Sorry, last time I checked major surgery is a HUGE deal but thanks for belittling one of my biggest fears :thumbup:

"I can't wait until we go see ______ you should totally come... Oh right, you'll have a baby. Nevermind."

I have a friend who keeps doing this like every other day. Oddly, she has 2 young twins herself that she leaves (for months at a time, mind you) with her elderly mother so she can go travel and party overseas on her elderly (cancer stricken) father's life savings. So she can basically fuck off.

I am just sick of people contacting me and asking me if the baby is here yet or if I am going into labor.

When the baby is here I will let you know!

"Sleep while you can now!"

"Oh you're planning on breast feeding? It's SO hard! Make sure you stick with it!"

Last week when I went in to my Landlord's office to pay rent, she said, with her eyes bulging, "Oh I didn't recognize you with all the weight you've gained!"

(And this one pissed me off more than anything) This white trash/ redneck girl in Wal-Mart yesterday saw me and my belly from a distance and I heard her rudely and loudly whisper to her man, "Oh my god, she's ready to pop! Oh.. Oh my god.. Look at her!"
Bitch, I can hear you! If you're not congratulating me to my face or saying something polite, then STFU! I AM NINE MONTHS PREGNANT. NO SHIT I AM READY TO "POP"! :growlmad:

I'm sick of the countless tips of how to naturally induce labor, like sex and walking. Just because it MAYBE worked for you doesn't mean it will work for me. I strongly believe my body will go into labor when it's ready and I don't think sex, walking, ball bouncing, or spicy food is going to make a bit of a difference (my midwife even confirmed this). I'm also sick of the comments about how my OH and I won't ever have time together anymore, and how broke we're going to be taking care of a baby.

I am fat, covered in stretch marks, STILL have this hemorrhoid, running out of fitting clothes, sick of getting pointless BH contractions, scared to death, and a little grumpy (obviously lol).
:blush:

"How are you feeling?" really f*cking annoys me for some reason, I know the person asking means well, but I'm definitely not having the most comfortable pregnancy and I'm pretty sure the expression on my face answers the question as it is.
"Any signs yet?" is the worst. Ever since I lost my mucus plug and made the mistake of letting anyone know, all I've been asked is this question. I feel like the more I'm asked, the less likely it is I'll be having this baby anytime soon because the stress of everyone's anticipation is driving me insane.

I'm sick of people telling me how my pregnancy is going to be. It has been nothing like anyone else's pregnancy!

"You'll gain so much weight" I'm 10lbs lighter now than I was when I got pregnant.
"2nd trimester is wonderful" I was badly anaemic throughout and got diagnosed with GD
"If you can't cope with a little soreness in your hips, how are you going to give birth?" I'm now on crutches for SPD and was working in a full on retail job until the doctor signed me off since it took work 6 weeks to arrange appropriate seating for me.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping in the shopping centre where I work and a bunch of the women came up to me and were all "OMG What did you do?" (looking at my crutches). I explained that it was just for the pain and they laughed and said "Oh, I thought it was something serious!". I just about bit them all.

lol thank you for the thread first of all

"are you having twins? not twins..it must be a big baby" this one makes me mad..how small are they expecting me to be at 8 months??

this one is from my mil "are you going to have a c-section..c-sections aren't that bad..well they are but hey doesn't matter how OUR baby gets here..make sure to learn about c-sections at your birthing classes. Hey, I think your baby is going to come early..make sure you aren't scared about c-sections.." I just about managed to silence the c-section talk. This is my first baby and I am high risk so I am already panicked enough to need constant daily lectures on c-sections.

This is actually from friends and I know they mean well but it would be nice if people respected our decisions..they keep changing how to spell my boy's name! No matter how many times I say it indirectly, they stick to their way of writing his name..it kinda annoys me but I think this is just hormones :blush:

'The good thing about babies born near Christmas means you can combine their Christmas and birthday presents'... Um no my son will have a seperate birthday Christmas like everyone else.

'Your huge for only being 28 weeks'

Oh and it really irritates me when people scrunch up their face because I'm having a 2nd baby, apparently having 2 kids is this the worst thing you could ever do and everyone should just have 1 child ah want to scream and slap everyone who tells me this!

Oh and it really irritates me when people scrunch up their face because I'm having a 2nd baby, apparently having 2 kids is this the worst thing you could ever do and everyone should just have 1 child ah want to scream and slap everyone who tells me this!

Heh. If every person in the world only ever had 1 child it would be one heck of a way of population control since it takes 2 to make a baby and not everyone can have/wants to have children.

Anyway, as for me.. It hasn't been been so much about pregnancy as it has been my choice to cloth diaper. "It's so much work!" Only as much as pre-washing my liners, an extra load of laundry every couple of days, and the time it takes to stuff said diapers..... that's it. That's what, an hour extra a week? I think I'll manage. "You'll give it up and it'll be a waste of your money" Really, because raising a special needs child who is almost 4 and is still in diapers and I've spent more than $2000 on disposables already isn't a great motivation when money is tight. It is costing me $400 to cloth diaper this child. Besides, even if I do give up on it... The diapers should resell for nearly as much as I bought them for. And the one that tops it off more than anything else is..... "Disposable diapers are obviously better because more people use them." WRONG. I'm not going to insult people who use disposable because it's a personal choice and everyone has to weigh out their options and find the best solution for them, but I have done the research and if someone is willing to take the time, or has the time/patience to learn how to cloth diaper it is better for both baby and the environment. Besides, when has popularity ever been an indicator of "better?" If it was popular to start consuming arsenic would that mean that it was a good choice to make? No... I rest my case!

Awww a girl, one of each how perfect so you won't have any more...... No I won't I never wanted more than two and I would be happy with 2 boys I was never concerned about having one of each

You look bigger, you look smaller this time.....errrrr well which is it and does it matter...shut up don't speak just to speak

Any signs yet....ohhhhyou Dana hear that for the last three weeks I have had loose stools that really smell and greeny yellowy discharge from my front end...oooo and we'll the mucus in my poo too...or how about I have had hurrendous period cramps for nearly 3 weeks now. .. You really want know if I have had any signs...maybe I take you a picture and send you a text after my next toilet roll inspection

Ha ha ha signs yes I am bad tempered frustrated and ready to give birth

How are you gunna manage, 2 under 1, OK my biggest concern with this is that I go over and they share a birthday, I planned them close, I have 2 hands, I will manage

Your gunna need a lot of help, no I am gunna need some space to adjust recover and settle my little family and keep my sons routine calm and in place, I don't need people to come and be on top of me wanting a piece of the baby's...... I will need space and time...some help yes but wary I will be hormonal

So will you breastfeed this time.... Grrrrrrrr my milk failed to come in with son, nipple shields expressed hell on earth...... I just want deliver a healthy baby and take it one day at a time....so mind your own business's I am really sensitive about that subject

Many more but little boy has just woke up lol,

I am loving all these responses and I have to smugly say that (today) I don't feel like any of these kinds of things are really affecting me, though I am getting a bit sick of "Not long to go now" when it feels like an eternity still. I know I can count the time to my due date in days but right now I am just getting through one day of discomfort at a time.

Scratch all that - my mum is actually doing my head in and did so last time too. Every time we talk, if I am not on Skype she wants to Skype so she can "see how big you are now", fortunately this time she's not going on an on about having fitted into her UK size 8 (US 4) jeans 2 days after giving birth to my twin brothers (children 3 and 4). Maybe cos I know the truth now after having one child - immediate post-partum belly is like JELLY, I expect worse each time, particularly since there are only 11 months between the twins and their older brother, she probably just slipped the excess down the legs of her jeans! Also - "After you give birth I will have to tell you something your Grandma said to me that birth feels like - if I tell you now you'll never have a baby" - what ever the hell it was, she told me and I can't remember, I obviously didn't feel the same way, I went through 30-odd years of waiting to find that one out.

Comments from her and my G'ma on my choice to BF "You can get more help if you bottle feed", etc - just F off, leave me alone, I'll raise my children my way, if I can't BF this time for any reason, I will FF or mix but I did it before and I will try to do it again!

Thanks JBell, now I feel all wound up! :growlmad: :haha:

This is my 4th and all my children are 16,17 and 21 so more or less off hand. I've been asked so many times am I mad doing it again and was it planned. Grrrrr this baby was probabally the only planned one how dare people be so presumptuous xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->