• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Craving banned foods?

collie_crazy

1 Angel, 1 rainbow growin
Reaction score
Is anyone else's hormones playing evil games with them and making them crave banned foods?

Mine is!! I dont know why but I have a HUGE overwhelming urge to have the Spicy Chicken Pasta from Morrisons fresh Deli bar bit - you know the bit with all the salad, pasta and fruits..... mmmmmmmmmmmmm my mouth is literally watering right now at the thought! I used to get it quite a lot when I was at uni as part of my salad but right now I want it with colesalw, I know weird right!?

But I technically dont think I should be having it because of the chicken in it which would count as eating meat from a deli right? :cry:

I cant stop thinking about it. Its driving me insane! So is anyone else craving something they cant or shouldnt have?

Your not supposed to eat deli meats whilst pregnant. And I think the chicken in the pasta would count as its technically left on the deli counter and therefore listeria etc can grow.

"The biggest concern with lunch meats during pregnancy is the risk of listeria. Listeria is a bacteria that can be found in deli meats as well as vegetables and processed foods. This bacteria can cause an illness known as Listeriosis, which can cause any number of problems during pregnancy "

I think the risk is pretty low. I know it sounds kinda bad but I've been eating pretty much everything. I am making myself not be so paranoid. I was scared of EVERYTHING at first! I ate baked chicken from the del just the other day because I didn't have time to cook it myself. The only thing I have been craving but haven't given into is sushi. I used to eat sushi alllll the time and it sounds so good right now!

I have just been looking this all uk - in the UK you're ok with cooked meats as long as they're fresh and in date and kept in the frigdge - I suppose deli counters aren't the best ever if people can touch them but you could make your own version?! I think we're supposed to avoid cured meats like parma ham and salami (unless thoroughly cooked at a high temp) - - but I may be wrong. I've certainly been digging into cooked ham and chicken from supermarket packets - I can't get enough meat at the mo!

Goat cheese. I love it and always have it in my salads. Yummmmm And of course now that I can't have them, I want a million other soft cheeses even though I don't eat them a lot (other than goat).

I've been eating chorizo and cheese sandwiches didn't know cooked meat was banned. I also just had a medium steak which was more like a rare. I'll have to be more careful with the undercooked meat in future. I'd kill for some pate

My midwife (uk) said that I can eat cured meats and deli meats, I think there is a low risk?

I've been craving a sub from subway sooooo badly!!!! I want it now!

i eat anything i want as long as it is cooked. this includes pasta salads, salad bar stuff, DELI meat, etc. if u really feel bad then just heat up ur deli meat for a few seconds, it will kill any bacteria on it. u cant live in a bubble :)

Hey! My NP told me lunch meats is OK in moderation (as long as it's not 3x a day every day) and cured meats is okay. I have been eating deli ham for lunches since she gave me the OKAY. Go ahead and eat your chicken, chicken is good for us anyway. If you still feel concerned, heat the meat up until it's steaming hot to kill off any bacteria that could of been transferred to the meat. However, it's a really low risk to begin with.

Also -- been CRAVING queso dip, but I know I cannot eat any soft cheeses, so I have been avoiding my local mexican restaurant :(

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months!!

I've been craving spicy food. I had really spicy fried chlli peppers covered in chilli sauce from a Turkish takeaway last week and paid for it by suffering tummy ache all night! I knew I shouldn't have had very spicy food but I admit the craving got the better of me :(

Hey! My NP told me lunch meats is OK in moderation (as long as it's not 3x a day every day) and cured meats is okay. I have been eating deli ham for lunches since she gave me the OKAY. Go ahead and eat your chicken, chicken is good for us anyway. If you still feel concerned, heat the meat up until it's steaming hot to kill off any bacteria that could of been transferred to the meat. However, it's a really low risk to begin with.

Also -- been CRAVING queso dip, but I know I cannot eat any soft cheeses, so I have been avoiding my local mexican restaurant :(

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months!!

What sort of cheese do they use in the queso?? If it's cheddar or another hard cheese, it's totally fine. It's only stuff like Brie, goat cheese, etc that is not okay!

I eat whatever I want. Just nothing raw, well maybe except veggies here and there. But I dont eat processed foods anyways.. And that should be more of a no no than deli meats because that has way more crap in it.

The ones around here use queso fresco and queso blanco (unpasteurized milk kind). However, I have found a recipe using white american cheese, just haven't felt up to making it yet

In my earlier weeks, I had huge cravings for turkey subs from subway.....so I got them from time to time! :) Did with my last pregnancy too.

I dont even like lunch meat, pates, sushi... But because Im not meant to have them Id quite like to eat some! Its like being on a low carb diet and craving pasteries and bread :D

licquorice which is not banned but warned against because of the component - glycyrrhizin - may allow stress hormones to cross from the mother to the baby. Apparently eaten in sizable amounts can effect foetal brain development, this is proper licquorice, not the red candy style one. I just like the smell really not even the taste, so I guess I'm okay :)

Id like the proper strong black liquorice you get from northern european countries! Going to visit family in Finland in over a week - will be enjoying some sensibly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"