craving coke

teamandy

Reaction score
Can i just have that last one can of coke sitting in the fridge or no?..

Totally fine Hun just try not to have to much in my first few months and even no all I have craved is fizzy drinks and I have been fine no GD and put on no weight still so as long as u don't have it all the time xx

I have a can of cherry pepsi max sitting in my fridge......think I may want it now!
X

I have a coke every day! It's my pregnancy vice! I never loved it before I was pregnant but now I just have to have one!

Of course you can!! my dr. said as long as you don't go over 200 Mg aday of caffeine you are fine. One can of coke/peps is about 40 mg - so you would be more than fine!

Can i just have that last one can of coke sitting in the fridge or no?..

caffeine in moderation is fine. I was told that my one cup of coffee per day and perhaps a can of coke or glass of iced tea is just fine. Don't over do it or hit the Monster energy drinks, but once in awhile is perfectly fine. And that's one thing, one of the few things that is, that hasn't changed in the last 25 years. LOL, my oldest will be 24 in Jan and my youngest is 11 months old next week. :thumbup:

Ahh you completely read my mind! I haven't had a coke in a good 3-4 weeks which is a lot for me! I just want one so bad! Haha

I sometimes wish I could slap these people who scare people with their "don't eat this, don't drink that" mentality. In most cases, what you ate before you got pregnant is what you eat when you are pregnant, with some limitations on raw foods of course. All these fears of "don't get Subway, you will get Listeria" and all that is just bogus. If that worries you so much, have them toast it or heat the meat. But the only things you should restrict during pregnancy is raw fish and alcohol, and even some are saying a glass of wine once in awhile won't hurt. To me, raw fish is BAIT!! LOL, sorry for the rant but like I stated before, my oldest will be 24 in Jan and my youngest is almost 11 months and the only things I don't eat while pregnant are foods I know make me sick, like tuna and sour cream. Those two made me sick with my first two pregnancies and so I just avoid them when pregnant to avoid the whole talking on the porcelain phone time.

I sometimes wish I could slap these people who scare people with their "don't eat this, don't drink that" mentality. In most cases, what you ate before you got pregnant is what you eat when you are pregnant, with some limitations on raw foods of course. All these fears of "don't get Subway, you will get Listeria" and all that is just bogus. If that worries you so much, have them toast it or heat the meat. But the only things you should restrict during pregnancy is raw fish and alcohol, and even some are saying a glass of wine once in awhile won't hurt. To me, raw fish is BAIT!! LOL, sorry for the rant but like I stated before, my oldest will be 24 in Jan and my youngest is almost 11 months and the only things I don't eat while pregnant are foods I know make me sick, like tuna and sour cream. Those two made me sick with my first two pregnancies and so I just avoid them when pregnant to avoid the whole talking on the porcelain phone time.

I don't know I'm the other way around. I started on a different forum and left it for good because people were so (rudely) judgmental of those who chose to follow the strict eating rules (including those designed to avoid listeria and toxo - toxo occurs in 1% of pregnancies which doesn't sound low to me and you're most likely to get it from veggies that aren't properly washed and served raw etc).

I'm not going to judge a mother who chose to eat as she did before pregnancy (as long as she isn't drinking heavily/regularly) - I just want the same courtesy in return. Not saying you are being rude or judgmental - you aren't - but some ppl really can be and it gets nasty and horrible.

I used to absolutely love diet Pepsi before pregnancy. Now it's one of my biggest aversions, haven't drunk in over 2 weeks.

I used to absolutely love diet Pepsi before pregnancy. Now it's one of my biggest aversions, haven't drunk in over 2 weeks.

Diet soda isn't good for you anytime. My former mother in law got cancer that they said was linked to the aspartame in it that is used to sweeten it. I avoid those "sugar free" items like they are the plague. LOL

I don't know I'm the other way around. I started on a different forum and left it for good because people were so (rudely) judgmental of those who chose to follow the strict eating rules (including those designed to avoid listeria and toxo - toxo occurs in 1% of pregnancies which doesn't sound low to me and you're most likely to get it from veggies that aren't properly washed and served raw etc).

I'm not going to judge a mother who chose to eat as she did before pregnancy (as long as she isn't drinking heavily/regularly) - I just want the same courtesy in return. Not saying you are being rude or judgmental - you aren't - but some ppl really can be and it gets nasty and horrible.

Yeah, there's some that take it to the extreme and get into trouble because they aren't gaining weight and their baby isn't gaining properly, those are the ones I just want to grab by the shoulders and shake. Then there are those who will look at a pregnant woman who has a starbucks cup and freak out. I'm like "Dude, they do make other things besides coffee. Ever heard of decaf? Perhaps until you KNOW what I'm drinking your should STFU." and yes, I have said that to them. LOL, I try not to judge too harshly, not saying I don't judge at all :blush: but some people just need to use common sense when eating. If you do that, you should be a-ok. :thumbup:

Go ahead and drink it!!! I have a soda every morning, and sometimes one at lunch too! As long as you keep it under 200mg of caffeine, you'll be fine.

I was the same last preg, and I didnt drink coke but I craved it. I got cola pops instead, no caffeine, Settled craving.

I did it! I had half of one this morning.. wasn't all that I had hoped for, but it did the trick I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->