Craving fruit/fruit juice

1sttimemama2b

Reaction score
Ever since I got pregnant, the only thing that doesn't turn my stomach is fruit! I've had major cravings for watermelon, grapes, grapefruit and fruit juices. My fridge is stocked with orange, apple, and grape juices. I know it's healthy but I can't help but worry about the sugar, esp on the fruit juices. I suppose its better than soda though. Anyone else having these cravings.

I crave orange and cranberry juice. I try to drink a ton of water, but I always throw in a splash of the cranberry juice to give it a little flavor.

I also crave all things carb..... Just had 3 hot crusty cibatta rolls dripping in salted olive oil...... I am going to be a whale.

Carbs for sure!! I was a carb addict before though anyway. My Dr. gives me a tough time, she says "no refined carbs" i.e bagels, pastries, pasta, etc. Wheat bagels are just okay and when I want pasta I don't want the wheat kind.

I bought 2 big cartons of Innocent fruit stuff - and someone told me tonight how bad it is cos of sugar of something - theres me thinking 'oh 2 of my 5 a day - how good am i!?'

Urgh!xxx

Yes I eat massive quantities of fruit. Mmm.... had about 5 servings today and it's not even dinner time yet.

But I stay away from the juice - if I drank as much as I want to, I'd give myself diabetes for sure!

I also crave chocolate. And meat. And carbs. And cheese and milk. And potato chips. And spicy food. And...and....and....the list is endless.

With my first baby (a boy) I craved fruit BIG TIME. Oh my god I fantasized about it! lol

I bought 2 big cartons of Innocent fruit stuff - and someone told me tonight how bad it is cos of sugar of something - theres me thinking 'oh 2 of my 5 a day - how good am i!?'

Urgh!xxx

I'm sure you're fine if it's just 2 servings a day! Unless you eat as much chocolate as I do...

I do buy the 100% juice with no sugar added, but still it's a lot of natural sugar. I try to limit myself to 2 juices a day and 3 fruits. I guess thats not so bad. But some days I just don't want to drink water all day. I also drink the juice with ice sometimes, so it gets more watered down. Here I am now, my mouth is watering for some orange juice! MMMMMMmmmm so good!

Oh potato chips ar another big time craving. And french fries of course. Basically I crave all the stuff I used to like. The only aversion I have had is to bacon, and I think it might be going away. Also I don't crave cheese as much as I used to or chocolate. Although occasionally I get a craving for chocolate.

Mmmm...bacon. Sorry you're off of it.

Yeah, I think 2 servings is probably okay and it's great that you're getting your 5 servings.

Also mmmm...orange juice.

I'm obsessed with fruit and juice! I always loved fruit before, but now it's that much better, esp. watermelon, I can inhale that!

from about 15weeks till 19weeks i could not stop drinking carton after carton of pure orange!!!!i use to love apple and hate orange but now its vice versa!!!midwife told me old wives tale that it cud b sign of a boy, and i am indeed having a boy haha xxxx

Me too! Mostly just craving fruits like strawberries and bananas with whipped cream! Now there is a mention of watermelon, I crave that too :(

omg, I'm eating fruits like crazy lately!!
I worry about the juices too :dohh: but this LO doesnt' seem to like refined sugars like candy and ice cream very much, so maybe it will all be ok in the end?

from about 15weeks till 19weeks i could not stop drinking carton after carton of pure orange!!!!i use to love apple and hate orange but now its vice versa!!!midwife told me old wives tale that it cud b sign of a boy, and i am indeed having a boy haha xxxx

Interesting my friend who is having a boy had had the same cravings. I had an early (14wk) scan and the tech predicted boy! For some reason I won't be convinced till my 19 week scan though. We'll see if it's true ;)

oooo ice cold orange juice!! I can't get enough of it!!

Also craving salt and vinegar crisps yum yum and proper chips from the deep fat fryer!!!

I've gone off veg, but still loving the fruit!

Mm I love apples/ appletiser and apple juice and orange juice. Everyone keeps telling me I am having a boy will have to wait and see what happens after giving birth.

mmmmmm i am literally dribbling at my desk now!! Thanks!!
So much talk of fruit, i am having way too much at the moment, its just too yummy!!
We are on team yellow so i have a long time to wait to find out what lloydybubs is!! I think its a boy :) hehe
xx

so far, throughout my pregnancy ive craved apples, grapes and broccoli.

Only badish thing ive craved is hot chocolate from mcdonalds

I have to say that salt and vinegar crisps are actually my #1 way of curing heartburn... Had it for DAYS, ate some and it VANISHED and didn't come back for weeks!!
Any time i get heartburn now, I eat some and it just goes away and doesn't come back 30 minutes later etc like it does with Tums!

Oh my gosh what I wouldn't do for a glass of orange!! Shame we're snowed in! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"