• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Craving greasy foods

Christinee

Reaction score
Lately, I have been craving greasy foods. Like right now I am dying for some chili cheese fries... I know that is bad - especially because I am trying to keep my weight under control... But what's a girl to do. "sigh"

Lately, I have been craving greasy foods. Like right now I am dying for some chili cheese fries... I know that is bad - especially because I am trying to keep my weight under control... But what's a girl to do. "sigh"

There's nothing inherently wrong with greasy food. It's the quality of the food that's important. Remember that saturated fat is an excellent source of energy, it keeps you full and satisfied, and it's good for your heart and important for your baby's brain development. That's right, it's good for your heart! The idea that it's bad for you is based on a single study that was flawed. All other studies since then, don't hold up to the idea that it's bad for you. But again, there's the problem of quality. If you go to a fast food place and get chili cheese fries, yeah, they're going to be full of crap that is terrible for you. However, if you go out, buy the ingredients for chili, get good quality cheese, and get potatoes, you could totally make guilt free chili cheese fries! Go for it! As for your weight, the fat will help keep you satisfied so that you won't feel hungry as soon! For my breakfast, I ate an egg sandwich with cheese, bacon (good quality stuff), mayo, and fried tomatoes. That was at 8. It's 12 now and so far I've just had an apple. The calories and the quality of them (lots of saturated fat) has kept me satisfied thus far. I'm starting to need lunch, but I can hold off for a bit longer.

There's nothing inherently wrong with greasy food. It's the quality of the food that's important. Remember that saturated fat is an excellent source of energy, it keeps you full and satisfied, and it's good for your heart and important for your baby's brain development. That's right, it's good for your heart! The idea that it's bad for you is based on a single study that was flawed. All other studies since then, don't hold up to the idea that it's bad for you. But again, there's the problem of quality. If you go to a fast food place and get chili cheese fries, yeah, they're going to be full of crap that is terrible for you. However, if you go out, buy the ingredients for chili, get good quality cheese, and get potatoes, you could totally make guilt free chili cheese fries! Go for it! As for your weight, the fat will help keep you satisfied so that you won't feel hungry as soon! For my breakfast, I ate an egg sandwich with cheese, bacon (good quality stuff), mayo, and fried tomatoes. That was at 8. It's 12 now and so far I've just had an apple. The calories and the quality of them (lots of saturated fat) has kept me satisfied thus far. I'm starting to need lunch, but I can hold off for a bit longer.

I did talk myself into going the healthy route and ate a nice sized salad for lunch... But what a great idea to make your own chili cheese fries!!! I am going to do that for sure! Thanks!

I agree with SarahBear, and to add, moderation is key. You haven't been eating chili cheese fries everyday, you had a salad for lunch and will maybe have the chili cheese fries for dinner.

I understand wanting to keep weight under control though, maybe instead of going for Nalleys chili you get something organic, or one with veggies in it :) and then maybe you add guacamole, diced tomatoes, onions, or corn to the chili to give it some redeeming nutrition. :)

Also if your store sells them, Ore-Ida frozen fries are a pretty guilt free option. Good luck!

I'm with you. Usually I am a pitta bread, hummus, dip, quiche, cracker, fruit and salad type person... But all I want is meat, hearty stews and one pot dishes, and crisps! I too at a normal size 6 am worried I will balloon! I am little so if I gain half a stone it REALLY shows. I keep telling myself that breastfeeding makes the weight drop off - and it does, I've done it! It's the salt that worries me... And having the motivation to cook! Bought a slow cooker last week. Best thing I ever did for myself and our family :D xxx

Apparently something about being pregnant makes us crave the bad stuff. I never ate fast food pre pregnancy. Now all I can think about is bad for me food. I'm literally dreaming about mozzarella cheese sticks. Like the PP said moderation is key. Also remember if it's all that you can stand to eat, it's better than not eating at all. For example, all I wanted yesterday was the really soft Mac and cheese you get at KFC or the deli. Couldn't stomach anything else. Got the Mac and cheese and felt better. I was actually able to handle other foods better after dealing with that craving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"