Craving non food!!

Sweetk1

Reaction score
With my first pregnancy I massively craved sponges!
I would get in the bath and look at my bath sponge and my mouth would water.
Well it's back with a vengeance in this pregnancy, now I have to sit in the bath chewing away on the sponge, even looking at the sponge for dishes makes my mouth water.
I have read that some women bought the natural sponges and actually ate them.
So I was wondering if anybody else had any weird or wonderful cravings?

please do not give in to these urges.
what was your last Hb,you could be anaemic.

This is so funny, this is exactly what I have! It was really bad in my first pregnancy.. i actually went to the store and bought a bunch of sponges and chewed on them in the shower :S hahahaha this time it's back with a vengeance again, but it's slightly different this time.. i don't have the urge to chew/eat it yet, just to feel it.. my hubby wonders why i'm so eager to do the dishes 50 times a day :p i'm so happy to have come across someone else with this very strange craving! I thought it was just me!

My last HB was at 28 weeks was 12.5 I think.
I have heard in can sometimes be a deficiency in something..

Sponges, bubbles from bubble bath, ice and damp-cellar like smells!

Me too with my last pregnancy!! Bath sponges!

Knew it got bad when I walked past a bloke washing his car & my mouth started to water at the big yellow car sponge & not him!! Haha

Anyway, when my midwife put me on 600mg of Iron a day the urge went away.

I'm beginning to get the urge again this time so I've upped my Iron intake.

Mel x

Sounds like it could be an iron deficiency, PICA, I would ask your doctor's to test you. I asked my doctor on Thursday, had bloods taken, found out I was anemic and was given supplements to take twice daily. xx

I am anaemic which explains mine. I had it in my last pregnancy too.

I really want to eat a bath sponge with lots of bubble bath on it, and I felt similarly in my 1st pregnancy! I'm not anaemic though, iron is 13.

i chew on sponges several times a day. i did last pregnancy & more so this time. my iron levels are fine, it's just something this baby likes (which is good as it doesn't like anything else!).
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->