Craving sweet things - myth?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jennifurball, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Jennifurball

Jennifurball Mother of 1 and a bump!

I have always been a savoury person, but since getting pg, I want chocolate and cake quite a lot - is this true that it means you are having a girl?

I have just munched through a cupcake and choccy bar and I would never do that normally, I would always go for crisps!

2. MaybeP

MaybeP Well-Known Member

I was normally a sweets person and crave salty things and I'm having a girl so I think it depends on the person :)

3. SabrinaKat

SabrinaKat Delighted Mum to Finn

I always liked chocolate and salty things, but only craved sour (lemon sorbet, etc) in this pregnancy and am having a boy, so in my case, the old wives' tales are not a myth!

best wishes

4. happygal

happygal mum of 3

it wasn't the case for me when i was pregnant with my daughter or this pregnancy and im having a girl again. i can't have anything sweet without feeling sick for the rest of the day x

5. kimiflo

kimiflo Well-Known Member

I've been eating a lot of sweets, it helps my nausea... since I've been having terrible MS since 7 weeks... I'm expecting a boy, I believe its a myth

6. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I craved haribo LOADS at the beginning of my pregnancy and I'm having a boy! There's nothing that means girl or boy in a pregnancy as each pregnancy is different.

7. SouthernC

SouthernC Well-Known Member

I've craved both salty things and sweet things throughout my pregnancy, and Im having a boy

8. Ashlee B x

Ashlee B x Teejay N Kaycie

Yeah its different for everyone, BUT with my DS i went completely off sweet things and only wanted savoury, this time i wasnt sweet and savoury haha but wud much rather snack on a carrot ;)

9. youngmommy2

youngmommy2 Guest

Ive craved both salty and sweet and im having a boy. My perfect meal would be french fries and a big strawberry milkshake

10. Skadi

Skadi Well-Known Member

I've craved both alternatively and I'm having a girl.

11. littlemamana

littlemamana Mommy to Colin

I think it's an old wive's tale. If you want to believe it, that's fine though :). I've had a mixture of cravings: salty and sweet. Some days I'll really want some salt and vinegar chips, the next I want chocolate cake and I know I'm only having one baby. :haha:

12. weffi82

weffi82 Well-Known Member

Im having a girl an all i wanna do is plough through choc, dunno if its cos were having a girl or not. Ive always had a sweet tooth but now i feel sick after proper meals.

13. Whitbit22

Whitbit22 Proud Mommy

I'm having a girl and when I get the odd craving it's usually for sweets.. mostly chocolate!

14. Complete myth in my case. I am a HUGE chocolate lover but I've hardly eaten a single bit since becoming pregnant. Instead I crave cheese, raw carrots, cherry tomatoes and crisps!

With my other pregnancy (also a girl), I never really had any noticable cravings and just seemed to continues eating everything including chocolate and sweet things as normal.

X