Cravings and Aversions :)

yes I am from South Africa ... 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my DD there was one other lady from CT on here

I also wanted pure orange juice the whole of last week but this week I cant stand it ... also weird for me

Very cool blessedbaby!! Nice to find someone from your own country on here! I live in PTA. When are you having your first scan?

Im from JHB ... I had my first scan on Monday ...

I seem to want chicken,cheese and pizza and tuna! Which is annoying as can't have to much tuna! I'm gluten free so pizza is tricky! (Doable but tricky)

Balsamic vinegar, pickle, wostershire sauce and toast with laughing cow on. Healthy and nutritional ha x

Cravings: mints, pickles, just today cinnamon buns haha - I have yet to have any of these. For almost ten years now I've been migraine-trigger-free (which means no pickles) and gluten/dairy free (which would make cinnamon buns tricky haha)... But I will see if I can find some mints that don't have horrendous ingredients! Oh, and sorbet... I will find some of that!

Aversions: chicken, trout, rice... What the heck?! Things I liked and ate loads of prior to being pregnant... And lots more things. Yuck.

No joke how pregnancy changes your eating habits and likes/dislikes!

All I really want is vinegar-y things and fruity things. And things I can't have.

I've been completely off hot drinks since about 5 weeks, so have been having lots of fizzy squash (cordial and lemonade!) instead. this week is the first time I've fancied a hot drink, but don't really enjoy it like normal. I went off tea with boy my 2DS.
Oh and I've been obsessed with clementines!

With my dd I craved veggies, especially jalapeños and onions. Sweets were a big turn off for me.

With this pregnancy, Mexican food is a no. My dh wanted me to make tacos the other night and I got so ill at the sight of meat and the smell of the spices.

I've been eating a ton of fruits. Usually I hate sweets and am more prone to eat salty foods, but sweets are so appealing. I've been trying to keep them to a minimum by substituting yogurt or fruit smoothies when I get the sweet tooth.

With my dd I craved veggies, especially jalapeños and onions. Sweets were a big turn off for me.

With this pregnancy, Mexican food is a no. My dh wanted me to make tacos the other night and I got so ill at the sight of meat and the smell of the spices.

I've been eating a ton of fruits. Usually I hate sweets and am more prone to eat salty foods, but sweets are so appealing. I've been trying to keep them to a minimum by substituting yogurt or fruit smoothies when I get the sweet tooth.

Smile... Not sure if you read my comments above... With my son I completely went off Mexican food from 5 weeks and for the rest of my pregnancy, I absolutely fell in love with sweets (usually a foodie), puddings, choc, cake... So you never know you may be having a boy ha ha

I'm craving exactly the same things I did with my daughter. Lemon, cloudy lemonade and sweets like skittle and moam. Fish. Also cheese balls but they have to be from tesco I think it's the puffed maize texture that's doing it. And apples lot and lots of apples.

Adversions, chocolate I just don't fancy it I can eat it but I'd rather sweets. Coffee isn't great right now I avoid Costa like the plague the smell is foul. I really want a boiled egg but they make me gag.

I'd be really intrested to see if this one is a girl or boy. X

I'm craving savoury foods and meat. Especially bacon sandwiches!
I've gone off chocolate and just the thought of drinking tea makes me feel sick! Not that bothered bout cake or anything sweet can easily leave it.
So weird as when not pregnant I love my cups of tea and chocolate and eat a lot of cake! And usually not really a meat eater!

Curious as to the results here, with my son i lived on jaffa cakes and orange juice, bacon wheat crunchies and garlic sauce. This time I want chinese spare ribs and chicken fried rice! Cannot drink tea at all this time either fizzy pop is so so depends on the MS. Totally the opposite of my last pregnancy and my first was a boy :D hoping for pink this time but we shall see!

Aversions are all sweets, chocolate and cakes. Also cheese.

No real cravings as such tbh other than healthy food like hummus and fruit

Smile... Not sure if you read my comments above... With my son I completely went off Mexican food from 5 weeks and for the rest of my pregnancy, I absolutely fell in love with sweets (usually a foodie), puddings, choc, cake... So you never know you may be having a boy ha ha

I'd be happy with either, but I'd love a boy. This pregnancy is definitely different from my last but that was also 7 yrs ago.

So far main aversions are fried onions, garlic, spicy food.

I think meat, fish and egg aversions are just starting...

I have less nausea than last time and last time I had strong meat, fish aversions but was fine with fried onions. That was a boy. Would love a girl this time.

Cravings are oranges. And sweet foods, but that is always anyway ;)

With my first pregnancy I didn't have any cravings but lots of aversions, I lost a lot of weight. This time I am having aversions to meat, bread, cereal.

Today all I have been able to think about is vinegar lol I have literally just eaten a whole jar of pickled onions followed by a bowl of ice cream lol I'm definitely pregnant lol

oh ja any hot drinks for me too are yucky ... and sweets as well

but give me fish and prawns or lemonade and Im the happiest preggy fairy around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"