Cravings and Gender

Etoille

DH+2 girls Maddy and Lily
Reaction score
So now that a fair few of us are starting to find out the gender of our babies, I'm curious as to what you have been craving/eating most so far this pregnancy. I know there isn't much to old wives tales, but it is an interesting concept that particular foods may indicate the gender of a baby, and we certainly have a good base group here to quiz.

"It is said that the particular food cravings a woman has is caused by the gender of her baby. So, craving chocolate or other sweets during pregnancy would mean that she is going to have a girl, whereas if she craves sour things like lemons she will have a boy. Of course, pregnancy cravings have more to do with a combination of nutritional needs and psychological factors. "

Care to share your eating habits?

So now that a fair few of us are starting to find out the gender of our babies, I'm curious as to what you have been craving/eating most so far this pregnancy. I know there isn't much to old wives tales, but it is an interesting concept that particular foods may indicate the gender of a baby, and we certainly have a good base group here to quiz.

"It is said that the particular food cravings a woman has is caused by the gender of her baby. So, craving chocolate or other sweets during pregnancy would mean that she is going to have a girl, whereas if she craves sour things like lemons she will have a boy. Of course, pregnancy cravings have more to do with a combination of nutritional needs and psychological factors. "

Care to share your eating habits?

I'm having a boy and I crave everything... lol. I go from a salt binge to a chocolate binge. I'm surprised I haven't blown up to the size of a house. However, from watching any man eat, it's easy to say they eat everything in sight so maybe that's where my habits are coming from.

Well, bringing into it another old wives tale...

At 15 weeks, I was craving marmite and bubs had a heart rate of 144. So cravings say boy, heart rate says girl.
At 18 weeks, I was/am craving mars bars and bubs has a heart rate of 135. So cravings say girl, heart rate says boy!!

I'll find out in three weeks :)

Im interested in this craving/sex of baby theory. Im feeling wer having a girl but wont know unitl Im 20wks. Im eating lots of fruit and cheese and drinking lots of tropical juices. Its all I really feel like eating since we got pregnant :shrug: Ive also heard myths about the condition of your hair indicating the sex aswell. If you have full shiny good conditioned hair its a girl and if its limp and greasy, boy. Might be a hormone thing with the hair :shrug: My hair hasnt been as greasy as it used to be. I wash it every 2 days but the 2nd day it still looks ok and not as bad as it used to.

I like proper food - comforting stodge whether it be potato wedges and beans (today) or veggie lasagne (yesterday) or veggie casserole with dumplings (Sunday) - snacky stuff doesn't do it!! :shrug:

Im interested in this craving/sex of baby theory. Im feeling wer having a girl but wont know unitl Im 20wks. Im eating lots of fruit and cheese and drinking lots of tropical juices. Its all I really feel like eating since we got pregnant :shrug: Ive also heard myths about the condition of your hair indicating the sex aswell. If you have full shiny good conditioned hair its a girl and if its limp and greasy, boy. Might be a hormone thing with the hair :shrug: My hair hasnt been as greasy as it used to be. I wash it every 2 days but the 2nd day it still looks ok and not as bad as it used to.

My hair is just about the same lol, besides desperately needing a haircut.

I'm having a boy and i'm addicted to chocolate buttons and pizza hut lol sooo its not true for me xx

i love pickles! but i did before to yummy! but i also like chocolate and sour so i don't know old wives tales that would be box sexes lol we shall see saturday!

My cravings are all sweet things so that says girl. Heart rate says girl too (178 at 8 weeks and 155 at 16 weeks) and my hair is better condition. And they said girl at the scan :)

I am having a girl and all I've wanted lately has been dairy, chocolate milkshakes, fruit, etc. So mine lines up! Prior to that, I was all over the board.

Im having a girl and for me I haven't really craved sweeties and chocolate, I have craved Mcdonalds like every day though lol. I went through one week were i ate about 4 Mcdonalds!! xx

Im having a girl and for me I haven't really craved sweeties and chocolate, I have craved Mcdonalds like every day though lol. I went through one week were i ate about 4 Mcdonalds!! xx

haha i'm eating a double cheeseburger right at this minute :haha: xx

...I was eating Chicken McNuggets at lunch yesterday, but couldn't bring myself to eat their fries. (Which normally I like the most!)

I don't get to find out the gender till the end of the month, but so far I'm eating Dill Pickle chips, BBQ sauce on EVERYTHING, French dressing on carrots and pasta. Last week I did break down and make some cinnamon buns though...and I'd be lying if I said I have not touched Madeline's Halloween chocolate stash! :)

Last pregnancy I only wanted Grilled cheese with Ketchup and peeled sunkist grapefruit....

at first all iwanted was chips chips chips... now it's fruits and sweets for the las 2 weeks.. my gender scan is novemeber 25th i'm saying boy my hubby and everyone else is saying girl. I only say boy because 3 dreams so far of me giving birth to a boy lol

Well, I'm craving sweet stuff - soft cookies, muffins, cupcakes, flapjack, well anything really! And my hair is getting thicker & looking good. So they say girl.

But everything else says boy! Chinese gender prediction, blood vessels in left eye more prominent, wedding ring test (on numerous occasions!), faint BFP at the beginning, no sickness.

The heart rate is undecided though! Bang on 140 at the 16 week check up.

I'm convinced it's a boy. No idea why, it just 'feels' like a boy. But we're staying team yellow until the bitter end! x

I went through phases! At first I craved salty foods, then I craved sweet.. ALOT of sweet.. chocolate, cookies, brownies.. constantly! The last few weeks I've been wanting spicy.. but still eating lots of sweets on the side :blush:

Found out today we're on Team Blue :thumbup:

haha i'm eating a double cheeseburger right at this minute :haha: xx

I had a 1/4 pounder with cheese last night!

ahhhh all the mcdonalds talk is making me crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy lol i want mcdonalds and taco bell soooooooooo bad. :(

my dr. said I might be having a boy, but I won't know for sure for another month. I crave salty food 24/7. I just drank half a jar of pickle juice and ate 2 pickles. Yesterday I ate a whole lemon with salt on it and pistachios. I also crave Mexican food, but my baby is half Mexican (OH side) so maybe that explains it. I don't really crave sweets too much. Every now and then I want gummi bears. The thought of chocolate makes me want to puke. I also crave orange juice and lemonade. Lemonade sounds so good right now, actually.

McDonald's hashbrowns are soooo good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"