Cravings to die for!

shelleylu

3rd Tri - Team Pink!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Its been a while posting because we've moved and had internet - but Im back!!

I have a quick question for you girls though. For the last couple of weeks Ive started to want to eat weird things. I thought when I had my son and I actually ate coal on a daily basis that that was weird But these cravings are worse.

I want to eat concrete!! That or chalk, bricks, grit... The list goes on. Anything that is man made and sounds disgusting I WANT! I dont just want it though, I NEED it. Nobody else understands. My OH has read about pica (the condition) but he thinks Im mad. Please can someone back me up and say they like the same things too??!!!

XX

hmmcant say ive ever craved concrete or towels - but i have heard of people who have. my friend craved chalk when she was pregnant - and she had to make do with those palma violet sweets!

Ah, Another sufferer. I have just been looking around on the net. Sponges are a very common pica craving. I know from studying science that cement is made from Calcium, so maybe Im deficient in that? I dont know what you could be lacking in if you want sponges and towels though!!

xxx

I crave chalk and dust and dirt. wow I thought I was strange. guess its more normal

Ah, Another sufferer. I have just been looking around on the net. Sponges are a very common pica craving. I know from studying science that cement is made from Calcium, so maybe Im deficient in that? I dont know what you could be lacking in if you want sponges and towels though!!

xxx
Maybe you need more fibre in your diet?
:rofl::rofl:

Lmao I dont know but chewing a towel is so nice :blush:

With my first baby I craved plasterboard! The smell, the texture, everything about it was so nice - very strange :blush:

I haven't had any cravings this time round.

i love neutradol,vac and clean.
Even looking at the packet or thinking of it..my mouth waters..could sniff it for hours.

lmao..
Girls you kill me. I am so pleased I am not alone. My OH thinks IM going mad. I have made him promise me we'll find some nice 'safe' dirt/rubble in the garden later. Ooooooh I cant wait!!!

xx

Never craved it but heard about it :)
I do love driving to petrol stations when pregnant though,the smell is gorgeous :)

Ah I love petrol too....

I actually had some lovely grit over the weekend. I went somewhere with a huge gravel driveway and it rained. The smell coming off it, I couldnt resist dipping my finger in the grit and having a lick. My OH watched with amazement. I had loads and then felt really sick afterwards!!!!

Guess the grass isnt always as green as you imagine!!!

ive just been wanting soap latley, my bf bought me a dove soap as i had been craving it for days! i dont go as far as biting on it because first time i did it killed the back of my throat lol.. but i cant stop myself licking it >< i really dont know if itll do me any harm or not but its irresistible lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->