crawling

sublime_ivy

Reaction score
I have a question about crawling. Dex has started to roll and get up on his knees for a brief few seconds, he occasionaly gets on his toes too in a sort of arm and feet yoga pose as if he is arching upwards (sorry cant explain what I mean very well). He is also managing to shuffle forwards by sort of getting up on his knees and then pushing forwards.

For everyone whose babies who crawl how long before they crawled did they start doing this? I know this is very early to be wondering about crawling but I just wondered as my mates baby who does this is a lot older than Dex. I dont want him to start crawling yet, lol.

Billie started doing a kind of head stand with her feet on the floor - almost as if she was going to do a roly poly! Is this the kind of arching you mean? I think she was shuffling round on her tummy for about six weeks before it turned into proper crawling. She was crawling at 5 1/2 months! We put her on the lawn and the tickly grass made her put her hands up and she was off! lol.

Sounds like Dex will be an early crawler too!

Soph does this too and shes only 10 weeks old! So im here to be nosey on other answers!
I thought she was going to crawl off the bed the other day lol!! she pushes her self up then gets frustrated that her arms and legs wont take her where she wants to go! She slept in the bed with me last night and she shuffled her way across the whole bed!!! xx

yep that is what I mean almost like a bridge shape. I'll turn round and he has managed to make his way from the middle of his cot to the end.

I woke up last night to find him moaning with his head sqaushed against the bars. He was swaddled too. I've had to buy a cot positioner. All night he just rolls around waking himself up, I can't even change his nappy anymore without him turning over. It is lovely but tiring.

ikwym lol. The only way I can get billie to stay on her back is to give her something forbidden to play with. She knows when I try to fob her off with a toy!

yep that is what I mean almost like a bridge shape. I'll turn round and he has managed to make his way from the middle of his cot to the end.

I woke up last night to find him moaning with his head sqaushed against the bars. He was swaddled too. I've had to buy a cot positioner. All night he just rolls around waking himself up, I can't even change his nappy anymore without him turning over. It is lovely but tiring.

I wished a positioner worked with Ellis, he gets more frustrated if he can't move so we gave up and just let him get on with it!! I'll be watching this too as Ellis is doing the same thing. The HV at baby massage today said t won't be long before he is crawling after he went on a little roll about!!

I dont mind letting him get on with it but he is swaddled at night so not good rolling and when he cant right himself with his hands.

Leo has only just started doing this at 8 months! But I was wondering the same thing x

Liam did the comando crawl first before he started on his hands and knees and holly beep what a handful you will have at such an early age! lolThink its was a couple of days before he was off after he started that.x

oh please don't say that, it is hard work already. I blame my oh, he is constantly showing dex how to roll and crawl. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"