Crawling?

bob2331

twin mummy
Reaction score
Before i start, i know, i shouldnt be comparing but i just wondered when everyones preemies started crawling?

Harry is 13months actual, 9 months corrected, he has just learnt to get himself in the crawling position and sort of goes backwoods on his tummy but he doesnt do forward?

I'm just worried thst he is behind 9i know how silly that sounds because i know he will be behind because of how prem he was) but im just worried, all his little preemies friends are crawling and harry sits and watches laughing and clapping (or if we are lucky, doing his new trick of taking his nappy off!!!!)

Thanks all xxx

Holly started crawling about 9 months corrected. She done the getting on all fours and pushing backwards first so don't think it will be too long until Harry is crawling.

I know it's hard not too worry but it sounds like he is doing great. Xxx

Millie started crawling around new year, around 17m actual or 14 corrected, she seemed totally dis-interested in crawling and I had given up on it happening, I thought she might just go straight to walking as she was cruising the furniture. But Millie had other ideas and decided to proove me wrong! Your little one has plenty of time yet x

my little guy started getting on all fours about a month ago at ~9 months (corrected) or so. He does the same thing, sort of rock back and forth, and push himself backwards a bit.

As of today (!) I actually caught him crawling forward, though still awkwardly, at almost 10 months. Of course we do physio every week to help him out with various exercises.

And about a week ago he randomly grabbed onto the edge of the futon and got up on his feet, standing solidly, looking at me like 'why are you staring at me like that?' Then never did it again :shrug:

I know it's so very hard to not compare to others - I work really hard not to read baby development charts too. But I do like to compare to other preemies, just reassuring somehow

So Harry's development sounds just like my bubbahs!

edit - Vincent has just figured out how to take off his nappy too - gaaaaaaah :dohh:

:flower:

I'll have to find my little notebook where I write everything down but I think Sophie started crawling just before her 1st birthday (9 months corrected) - she was going forward on her tummy but not crawling properly for a while and then just suddenly started pushing further up and she was off! Doesn't sound like Harry will be long now. xxx

I know that Thomas wasn't as premature as some of your babies but he is now 10 and a half months (9 months corrected) and still not crawling. He gets on all fours but can't seem to actually move. He seems more interested in trying to pull himself up on the furniture though.

Leo started crawling at 8 months corrected, so it's a very recent thing, he's still not co-ordinated but can get from A to B. However, he's not interested in clapping, he waved a couple of times but won't do it since, he doesn't really babble etc. He seems to choose things and do them well, but can't be bothered with the rest :haha:
Harry is doing fantastic.. he has had to come such a long way, and he's done it so well, he's a star! It's definitely hard not to "compare" though, Leo has a 29 weeker friend who's a month younger, and does some things at the same time if not before. But they all seem to have their little timetable of doing things, and all have their order of doing it xx

Ps, my baby cousin never crawled, he was a sitter and thinker! :)

My son is 6.5 months old now (4.5 months corrected date) and he lifts his upper body up when he lies on his stomach but is very far from crawling.

He wants to stand on my legs the whole time and cannot even sit yet so i have a feeling he might go straight to walking

No experience with preemies that early but...

I think Harry is doing awsome ! =)

- My Goddaughter is a 25 weeker ( 1.7 pounds birth weight ) and she started crawling at 11 months ( corrected ! )
so dont worry he is deff not behind and doing an awsome job =D

We have just recently got backwards shuffling going on but have not worked out how to get everything moving in the right order to go forwards yet! Sounds about the same as Harry!
I think a lot of it is also to do with upper body strength and I can see he's now trying to lift himself up grabbing the handles in the bath so may not be too long before he gets himself going.

Thanks everyone, yesterday, harry started commando crawling / army style and off he went!!! xxx

I can't get Eli to stay on his tummy nevermind crawling! He's 9 months, 6 1/2 corrected, but it's so hard not to compare. He rolls off his tummy but that's it, he doesn't move any other way... They like to keep us on our toes don't they!

my little guy has been walking on all fours for a whole 3 days now! Still very uncoordinated (and rather funny to watch haha) At 10 months (corrected). Before that he would crawl haphazardly, flop onto his back and push with his feet, sit and sort of push himself backwards with his hands, or simply roll front-back-front-etc until he reached his goal. It's crazy how determined and creative these little guys can be to GET somewhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->