CRAZY ANTENATAL APPOINTMENT.... serious RANTING!!!!

Pato

Reaction score
I went to my 23wk appointment yesterday. As my regular DR. is away at the moment there was this young beautiful female Dr. filling in for her. She was pleasant and bubbly ....but I think she's crazy!!!!.

We got started by my telling her about my headaches and the horrid groin pains I'm having...she had no idea what could be causing the pain but told me I needed to start anti-inflammatory meds pronto for the pain....VOLTAREN or CATAFLAM...to which I replied...ummm I think not, I don't take anything but panadol. She then told me I'd be needing and xray to which I replied...huhhh....and possible physiotherapy. I was then sent to get undressed and she came in to examine me. While examining my obvious bump, she had a bit of puzzled look on her face and asked if I was in any pain in my tummy...to which I replied....ummm noooooo, but was a bit concerned by her expression. After I got dressed and came back to her office. She informed me that although everything seemed alright i.e my BP, Urine, lungs etc etc....she was not happy about prescribing panadol for the groin pain as she knew it would do nothing and insisted I use the VOLTAREN.... I got the impression she wasn't paying attention to my notes or she would see I'm allergic to that med, so I pointed that out and told her about this forum where some of you have these symptoms. She then asked what did your doctors prescribe for you. I told her some of you get physio, but that the doctors overseas are rather reluctant to give meds to pregnant women....at this point she looked at me in absolute shock and exclaimed...YOU'RE PREGNANT????:shock:...WTH!!!...She thought I had just EATEN which is why my tummy was hard and that I had really large FIBROIDS...thus the puzzled look on her face.... She then started frantically reading my notes...... got the doppler out to chk LOs HB and measure my tummy.....scrathed everthing she'd written out of my notes and told me it's prob just pregnancy related:shock:...

OH crap....my 'FIBROIDS' have a heartbeat..... I can laugh now but yesterday I was sooooooooo pissed....

LOL to star with on the she didn't realise you were pregnant, but woah that does make her sounds like a pyscho for not checking your notes.

Oh my God!
She sounds absolutely mad!What a crazy lady....
x

:shock:

OMG!!!! It sounds like a hilarious comedy sketch!?!?!?!?

Doctors NEVER prescribe anti inflammatory meds to pregnant women I thought!!!! But then she didn't know! :rofl:

:dohh: :nope:

It was an antenatal appointment and she didnt know you were pregnant??? Think that one wants locking in a dark room.....

Oh MY GOD!!!! It drives me nuts when they dont read your notes but that was blatant bloody neglect!!! ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES!!!!! AN XRAY!!!!!!

WTH in deed!!!!!

She could have done terrible damage - I think you need to report her honey. If she cant read notes, or at the VERY least spot a 22 week check up patient as being pregnant .... I'm flabberghasted!!!!

If you had been less intelligent, or less informed, just think what could have happened!!! Many people just think "doctor knows best". Clearly not.

PS. OOOH I'm so furious I keep typing the wrong thing!!

oh my god!!...i think shes the one that wants checking out...from the neck up. FIBROIDS indeed. honestly.

id report her....

xx

Woah, here's a good reason to READ THE PATIENT'S NOTES
good lord.

How the hell did she manage to become a doctor!?! Some people amaze me!

Oh MY GOD!!!! It drives me nuts when they dont read your notes but that was blatant bloody neglect!!! ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES!!!!! AN XRAY!!!!!!

WTH in deed!!!!!

She could have done terrible damage - I think you need to report her honey. If she cant read notes, or at the VERY least spot a 22 week check up patient as being pregnant .... I'm flabberghasted!!!!

If you had been less intelligent, or less informed, just think what could have happened!!! Many people just think "doctor knows best". Clearly not.

PS. OOOH I'm so furious I keep typing the wrong thing!!

Very well put i totally agree with everything you said that is scary x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->