Crazy emotions....2nd baby....

lysh

TTC #2
Reaction score
After 11 months of trying, we are expecting our 2nd baby in Feb. So after trying for 11 months and finally getting our BFP, why am I going from excitement to self-doubting and a bit down about the whole thing??? I already feel guilty about attention being taken away from my sweet but VERY spirited daughter who is now 2 years old. The nausea and constant fatigue is not helping either, but anyone who had #2 go through this?? I am already worried if we made the right decision, if we can handle it, if my daughter will be okay......etc., etc. etc.

Just tell me this is normal! :wacko:

It's normal! It's partially due to hormones.

And you're not alone. I feel the same way. I wanted this second baby so badly, and now that I'm pregnant I'm feeling like "Why did I do this? What was I thinking? What a terrible idea!" And the sickness taking more time away from my son, who is 2. It's kind of awful.

But it IS normal. We will get through it and be thrilled about our additional baby. And the little ones will adjust to having a sibling. In fact, they probably won't even remember that you had to take time out because you were sick. They may not even remember not having a sibling! It will be great. We just have to hang in there and try our best to be positive.

I think it's normal because my friend warned after she had her 2nd baby and guess what. It hit me a few days ago. Already it made me feel guilty for having those thought because I DO NOT want to loose this baby I am having now, but I feel so guilty as well for not spending so much time with DD. What a vicious circle! Then I find myself crying to sleep because I feel I don't know what I want.

Yes yes and yes! I felt all this dread and disappointment! Could not understand why, as I wanted a second child very badly. I think my thoughts went: Oh yay! I'm so excited. No wait, I'm a bit upset. Oh my god, what have I done? But yeah, I'm excited now, that upset feeling has gone. No...wait...I feel overwhelmed now...

I felt better after I saw her at the 12 week scan, she was so cute.

Very very very very...some more very...happy about having had a second baby now!

Oh I have run the whole gauntlet of excitement fear and guilt this last few weeks. We definitely want a second child but we have both had moments of wondering what the hell we have done and how we are going to manage especially as dd has a disability. But having worried so much about losing squidge this last couple of weeks following a bleed I am more certain than ever that I want this baby :)

It's normal! It's partially due to hormones.

And you're not alone. I feel the same way. I wanted this second baby so badly, and now that I'm pregnant I'm feeling like "Why did I do this? What was I thinking? What a terrible idea!" And the sickness taking more time away from my son, who is 2. It's kind of awful.

But it IS normal. We will get through it and be thrilled about our additional baby. And the little ones will adjust to having a sibling. In fact, they probably won't even remember that you had to take time out because you were sick. They may not even remember not having a sibling! It will be great. We just have to hang in there and try our best to be positive.

Thanks.....my DD is now 2 as well and I feel the same way....I am getting nauseous and I feel guilty because I was looking forward to spending this summer with her all year and now I feel terrible half the time!!! This is our last summer just the two of us and that thought makes me feel worse that I am not doing more on the days I feel like garbage. But you are right, it will be great in the end we just have to hang in there!!!

Yes yes and yes! I felt all this dread and disappointment! Could not understand why, as I wanted a second child very badly. I think my thoughts went: Oh yay! I'm so excited. No wait, I'm a bit upset. Oh my god, what have I done? But yeah, I'm excited now, that upset feeling has gone. No...wait...I feel overwhelmed now...

I felt better after I saw her at the 12 week scan, she was so cute.

Very very very very...some more very...happy about having had a second baby now!

I am wondering if after the scans and the baby is more 'real' to me that things will change! lol.....the crazy emotions are something else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->