Crazy mid-cycle spotting! Possible late ovulation? Any ideas?

Eren

Reaction score
My husband and I just started talking about expanding our family (at the beginning of January, in fact).

Because we recently decided this was the next step for us, I have not been diligently charting/temping or tracking ovulation. I usually just monitor my CM and look for changes in my body.

Anyway, I have a regular 28-30 day cycle. I am not on any meds and have not been on birth control for over three years.

On Jan 5th and 6th I started to spot (light pink/brown). Real flow came on Jan. 7th. Ended Jan 12th.

Out of NOWEHRE, I started spotting Jan. 19th. Light brown, just enough on toilet paper. Light cramping. It lasted a day and I thought this was ovulation.

Two days later, spotting picks pack up! It started light brown, then dark brown, pink, a scant of red, back to brown. All-in-all, it lasted 4ish days. Just enough on toilet paper. Light cramping. I also had mood-swings (husband says I did, anyway!) CM at this time was sticky/not fertile whatsoever.

Yesterday (1/26) the spotting and cramping stopped. Amount of CM started to increase.

Today I woke up, CM is abundant, watery, stretchy-everything that would make you think fertile.

If I could from the day of real flow (Jan 7th), this would put me on CD 21.

I am so confused. I have a four year old son and this has NEVER happened with him. I can't tell if I ovulated late (maybe the spotting was fluctuating hormones) or something worse :(

I have an appointment with the OB on Tuesday and hoping its nothing serious. AF is still 9-10 days away. Currently shopping for thermometers and OPKs.

If your last period was light, it could have just been a bit of breakthrough bleeding. It's hard to know for sure. Hopefully your doctor can provide you with some answers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->