Crazy thoughts

Kaitybug

Reaction score
I have been married nearly four years, and I have wanted a baby since the day we got married (probably before). For many years, my husband was vehemently against having children, and I would get really upset at him and even cry. Finally, we both have good jobs and insurance and he decided that if I wanted one, then we could start trying.
Now that I am pregnant, I am having these crazy feelings. I am not as excited as I thought I would be, and I sometimes start thinking about how different things will be and wonder if we made the right decision. Is this ridiculous?
Let me say that the baby will be VERY loved, but now I am thinking maybe we should have waited a while longer, and I feel guilty about having these thoughts. I think about the fact that my career may suffer, etc. Anyone else experience something similar? Sheesh, I don't know. I haven't yet been to my first official O.B. appointment; maybe seeing the baby for the first time on a scan will snap my brain back into place.

I don't think those are crazy thoughts...I kind of feel the same way, and because my husband is SO excited about it, it makes it a lot easier for me. I know if he wasn't that way I'd be even more unsure of it all. I KNOW everything will change the minute I see the baby, so I'll just have faith in that fact. In the meantime, it's a scary and such a huge thing in our lives, it's normal to question things!

I remember feeling similar with my first, I think I was scared and worried for just about the whole 9mths.
Once my son was born, he was so perfect, everything was just perfect. I remember saying to my hubby once we were home. Ya think you know what love is and then you have a child and realise you didn't really know, but now you do.
Once bub is born, the question won't be " how this is going to change your life" it is " what did you ever do before this LOVE and joy entered your heart"
Honestly it is amazing, and you and OH will do just fine, and all the changes that do take place you will want it that way.

Congratulations and all the best.

What a lovely message Bek74, I would say you have made a lot of ladies feel a whole lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->