creams/oils?

dreams

My beautiful baby Ffion
Reaction score
Its probably been asked many times before but when should i start using creams to prevent stretch marks? And which ones do you recommend?

thanks in advance :)

My mate told me about one she got in Australia called Bio Oil (think you can get it in UK as well). She says it is fab. It comes in a little bottle. I am going to get some when I go home next.

I used palmer's cocoa butter products..Still don't have not 1 stretch marks...don't know if it works some people get em some don't...depends how fast ya grow too..:hugs:

Use as soon as you want to. I started using bio oil the day I found out I was pregnant :)
Bio oil is alot more expensive than palmer coco butter but Id say both work well and coco butter smells so nice!
Xxx

im using the palmer butter too started when I found out x

I use palmers coco butter and this clinica tissue oil ( cheap version of bio oil LOL!!)

I'm not going to fork out £15 for a small bottle of bio oil, none of these creams really work, if we're going to get stretchmarks we will so i just keep moisturized and thats the most you can do really!

Coconut oil is supposed to work wonders, it is good stuff for other things so I wouldnt desbelieve it working against stretch marks.

I've started to keep my belly area really well moisturised, although I'm just using normal body cream at the moment, I might get some better stuff later on. But like others have said, if you're gonna get them, then you'll get them - unfortunately there isn't anything to prevent them, just make them fade better/quicker.

I started using stuff the day I found out, hee hee. I had bio oil already (buy it from the states or canada, so much cheaper) and I'm using palmers pregnancy cream too. I put it on my tummy, boobs (not nipples as can make itching worse) and thighs.

any rich moisturiser will reduce your stretch marks.
You just basically need to keep the moisture in your skin to add elasticity to encourage it to stretch.
But i also agree that i think some peoples skin is just generally stretchier then others

I'm also using palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks twice a day, been doing that for a few weeks now.

x

I was gonna use coco butter but ive gone off chocolate at the mo and the smell really puts me off ewwww.

I got some bio oil ordered off ebay, the huge 200ml size for £13 delivered which i thought was a bargin, that size is bout £20 in boots. YEY

Good luck to all!! I used palmers cocoa butter, and a product called belly butter from about 8 weeks last time and had no stretch marks until about 34/35 weeks then they were unstoppable :p

I can just imagine my belly this time!

hey i've started using stuff now (i'm 5 weeks) i got a free sample of bio oil and IT STINKS!!!!! it smells like fly spray!!!!!!!! also got a sample of palmers cocoa butter so gonna try that tonight...:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

do you think it would be a bit much if i used bio oil and cocoa butter twice a day?

I just want to know that i've done all i can to prevent them so if they do come then i can't say i wish i'd done this or that!

hey i've started using stuff now (i'm 5 weeks) i got a free sample of bio oil and IT STINKS!!!!! it smells like fly spray!!!!!!!! also got a sample of palmers cocoa butter so gonna try that tonight...:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Where did you get a free sample from??? hehehe am all up for freebies

I also am using baby oil when I have a bath. It smells so nice and leaves my skin feeling lovely.

Just found this info about creams for stretchmarks which you may find usefull..

The first thing most women look for is a cream or oil that they can apply. Take note that you shouldn't just choose any moisturizing product from off the shelf. You will need a product that can go deeper, past the skin's top layer (epidermis). Highly recommended are products that have high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin E, collagen, elastin, glycolic acid , and emu oil, liposomes and aloe vera gel. These ingredients are able to penetrate into your second layer of skin called the dermis. The dermis is where the stretch marks occur. They help to replace damaged skin cells and also activate the renewal of healthy cells.

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Where did you get a free sample from??? hehehe am all up for freebies

got quite alot of stuff ...i joined boots/ bounty/tesco baby clubs etc got a bit of freebies from them, still waiting for the rest of stuff to come thru also got a load of booklets and stuff from docs one of them was called emmas diary n it had a voucher for a mum to be pack from lloyds pharmacy n got the bio oil n palmers from that. also got a sample of bepanthen thru today in the post but i havent the foggiest where it came from!!!!

also go on the NCT website n you can get a magasine thrucaled bumps n babies i think...i also got a dvd and catalogue thru with that too...(i'm also a sucker for a freebie!!)

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back