Creating More Fertile CM

purelygemini

Reaction score
Hello! Although this is only my second month ttc, I noticed while charting last month that I never had any ewcm. All I really had was just a little watery cm around ovulation time. So I would like to increase my cm and also (hopefully) make it more fertile.

Any advice in this area? I know I definitely need to drink more water, and I'm also going to try grapefruit juice. Do any of you think that helps?

Also curious about evening primrose oil, any thoughts on that?

I use evening primrose oil to help with CM and noticed a significant (good) change. I take 2000 mg of EPO a day. Since my pills are 500mg each I take 2 with my AM vitamins and 2 with my PM vitamins. I've seen recommendations for up to 3000mg, but I found that with 3000 I was producing an excessive amount of CM, and it was getting to be too much. Since using EP I went from a couple days of light EWCM to 10 days this month of EWcm (which is really a lot and I was producing EWcm for about 8 days before ovulation this month, which threw me off at first).

A few things to remember: not to be taken after ovulation, because it can cause uterine contractions (and could cause miscarriage). I took it up to a couple days before O day, though I'm told you can go up to ovulation day, and then stopped. I only stopped a couple days before because I've produced EWcm for so many days I was actually beginning to think I had somehow missed my O day (but not, I got my smiley face yesterday).

I start at the beginning of the cycle (after AF is done) and continue until O day.

I use evening primrose oil to help with CM and noticed a significant (good) change. I take 2000 mg of EPO a day. Since my pills are 500mg each I take 2 with my AM vitamins and 2 with my PM vitamins. I've seen recommendations for up to 3000mg, but I found that with 3000 I was producing an excessive amount of CM, and it was getting to be too much. Since using EP I went from a couple days of light EWCM to 10 days this month of EWcm (which is really a lot and I was producing EWcm for about 8 days before ovulation this month, which threw me off at first).

A few things to remember: not to be taken after ovulation, because it can cause uterine contractions (and could cause miscarriage). I took it up to a couple days before O day, though I'm told you can go up to ovulation day, and then stopped. I only stopped a couple days before because I've produced EWcm for so many days I was actually beginning to think I had somehow missed my O day (but not, I got my smiley face yesterday).

I start at the beginning of the cycle (after AF is done) and continue until O day.

That's really good advice.
I have problems taking the EPO tablets, do you know if the liquid tastes nasty? :oops: I never ever see any CM, let alone EWCM (I think I have low prog) so ideally I NEED to be taking the EPO.

I've never tried the liquid. Sorry. Are you using tablets or soft gels? Mine are small soft gels that are easier for me to take than my vitamins.

You aren't producing ANY cm at all?

I've never tried the liquid. Sorry. Are you using tablets or soft gels? Mine are small soft gels that are easier for me to take than my vitamins.

You aren't producing ANY cm at all?

VERY very little, if anything it's just a spot or two in my knickers of water, nothing slippery, no creamy CM.
I've had 8 miscarriages and 6 healthy(ish) children. With the last miscarriage (March this year) I demanded a progesterone test, it was VERY LOW, 10. Which is a not yet ovulated kinda level.
Won't prescribe me progesterone despite other proof I need it! :shock:
I find the size of them just too big for me to swallow :oops:

If they are soft gels you could maybe try pricking a hole in them and squeezing the oil out and taking it that way to see how it goes. I have heard of a lot of ladies on here buying progesterone cream off Amazon or EBay, you could try that if you have low progesterone, but I would discuss with a doctor first to be safe.

Yes, I've already bought some. Just waiting to ovulate now. Yawn!
Thanks hun

Thanks for all the comments ladies! I picked up a bottle of the EPO, I'm on cd 4 so i'll start taking it tomorrow or the next day. I know I've had ewcm in the past but now that I'm paying attention to it, I don't seem to have it anymore lol!

Lost7 lmk how the progesterone cream works out :flower:

Thanks for all the comments ladies! I picked up a bottle of the EPO, I'm on cd 4 so i'll start taking it tomorrow or the next day. I know I've had ewcm in the past but now that I'm paying attention to it, I don't seem to have it anymore lol!

Will do sweetie!
I'm expecting a delivery today of Maca Root too. CD10 is a little late into the cycle to be taking it but I'm going to start anyway :) :hugs:

I'm expecting a delivery today of Maca Root too. CD10 is a little late into the cycle to be taking it but I'm going to start anyway :) :hugs:

What does Maca Root do? I haven't heard of it before. I use Vitex and EPO.

As for checking CM (several posts ago, I'm just catching up), I have found I don't produce a lot to see in my underwear, I have to physically reach for my cervix to check and then I realize I'm producing. For awhile I thought I was never getting EWcm but once I started checking that way I found I was actually producing EWcm for several days before O (10 days this cycle!)

Where can you buy the evening primrose oil?

I'm only in my first few weeks after having Mirena removed, so just looking at all things I may need in the upcoming months..

Where can you buy the evening primrose oil?

I'm only in my first few weeks after having Mirena removed, so just looking at all things I may need in the upcoming months..

mrscletus: I buy mine at the grocery store in the vitamin/supplement section. I've bought it at Safeway, Fred Meyers and WalMart

Will do sweetie!

I was looking at the maca root too, looks very interesting!! Keep me posted on that too!

Started the EPO monday morning, taking 1000mg softgel twice a day. Those pills are pretty big but I think it being a softgel makes it a little easier to swallow.

Also going to start drinking grapefruit juice tomorrow. I've read that it can have almost an immediate effect on producing ewcm so I'm interested to see how that works out, just wondering how bad it will taste lol

Angel I'm also going to try checking my cm more internally this month like you suggested. I usually just did the kinda outer check but I'll do a little more exploring this month:haha:

I tell you what, I tried that cough medicine to increase my CM.
I am pleasantly surprised. After only ONE dose I SAW CM last night! :shock:
I saw creamy CM! Really really happy with that - I nearly cried :lol:
After my last child (June 2014) I have been pretty 'dry' down there so it's nice to not have to use lube for :sex: I'll continue to use fertility lubes when I am fertile, but really just happy with the increased CM. Whilst the cough medicine doesn't taste nice - It's well worth it!

A friend of mine took Maca Root for the few months before she got her BFP and she said it really increased her EWCM. I started it this cycle and am seeing a small difference so far! :)

Lost7 that's awesome!! So happy to hear that. But good point that it could be the maca root, or both together! Hard to tell which one is doing it but I say keep it up:thumbup:

I drank my first glass of grapefruit juice last night, wasn't too bad but I just chugged it lol. I'm finally done with AF so hopefully in the next couple days I'll start getting more cm than usual. We'll see, fingers crossed for me and for you ladies too!!

I did start taking the Maca a few days ago so it makes sense it's the Maca!
We'll see... :lol: As soon as I've ovulated I'm stopping the Guaifenesin - it's rank! :rofl:

I started taking Vitex this cycle and I've seen mine increase. I've had a lot of EWCM the past couple days. I'll probably O when DH is out of town...of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->