Creepy/freaking pregnancy facts

they are spooky but lovely facts, aren't they? I also quite like the idea that my maternal grandmother grew my Mum's eggs inside her so actually this means I started off as part of my grandmother!

this also means that any of us who have a girl will also potentially be growing part of our grandchildren inside us!

Haha when you put it that way it is pretty strange to think about :]

I don't find those things freaky/weird... I think its fascinating. :D

This is something I have always that was amazing. I love that a part of me was carried by my grandmother. And part of my children have always been with me. I think it's really cool.

I think it's amazing as well. Hubby is a little freaked out by it.

Never really thought about it that way before. It is a bit creepy though when put in that sense.

i saw this on 'inside the human body' it's amazing, all of you ladies having girls have also got your grandchildren inside you how weird is that! xx

Well technically we only have half our grandchildren in us! lol.
I thought it was kinda creepy that I grew a little penis in me....WEIRD!!!

i'm loving having a penis! possibly the only time i'll ever have one :haha:

Now this is probably WAY TMI and I'm probably the only one that ever has thought this...but when I was pregnant with DS (and possibly this one...don't know the sex) and having sex with DH...I actually had TWO penis's in me!! GUARANTEED the only time that ever happens! (well to me anyway! lol).

Yeah but in third tri they can get little erections - Ewwwwww! I hope it's a girl after that thought...

x

OMG...I didn't know that!! I still think it's a bit weird when I see DS with one...I just worry I'm hurting him bending it down and throwing a diaper over top! lol.

7wks gestation fingerprints start to develop, these are complete by 18 weeks....

random fact for you

also baby's bones start as cartalidge then calcify

Female baby ovaries already contain over six million eggs. That means a pregnant woman carrying a girl is also carrying all her potential grandchildren.

Also..the baby you are carrying is from an egg that is as old as you are.... so my baby is technically like....24 years old!!!!

am I the only one that finds facts these a bit creepy or weird lol lol..

I mean I knew it..I just..never thought of it this way lol..

Hehe ya, I've thought about that before! I think I remember reading that all my babies eggs were already developed in the first trimester! Pretty neat. And if you want to get really weirded out, every atom that makes up those "half-grandchildren" have been around for billions of years. We're all billions of years old! Puts my fear of my upcoming 30th bday into perspective...

Amazing to think the actual baby we have now growing in our bellies have been inside us the whole time!

These are really neat facts everyone thanks for sharing.

i saw this on 'inside the human body' it's amazing, all of you ladies having girls have also got your grandchildren inside you how weird is that! xx

OMG!!! I had the CREEPIEST dream a few nights ago that I actually grew male genitalia!!! Maybe that meant I'm having a boy. I go for 20wk scan on Monday. That would be crazy:wacko:

So just an update...had 20 week u/s today and it's a GIRL!!! Sooooo excited, I suppose my dreams were only just dreams:happydance:

I love this thread, but - baby boys get erections?! Oh wow.

Here's an interesting factoid I recently learned in a child dev class:

Women/girls who are impregnated by teenage boys have boy babies about 86% of the time.
That is because, until a male reaches complete physical maturity (often as late as age 17-18), he typically does not produce viable X-sperm (girl-sperm), although he may have plenty of Y-sperm (boy-sperm).

Interesting idea, and now that I think about it, both of my kids (conceived while my ex and I were teens) were boys, and most of the other very young couples I knew also had boys.

I'm wondering if any research has been done on the opposite end of the spectrum: do old men tend to produce more girl-babies? Do their Y-sperm die out at some point, leaving only X-sperm?
I hope so, because my husband's 40 years old, and I want a girl!! :)

Now this is probably WAY TMI and I'm probably the only one that ever has thought this...but when I was pregnant with DS (and possibly this one...don't know the sex) and having sex with DH...I actually had TWO penis's in me!! GUARANTEED the only time that ever happens! (well to me anyway! lol).

:rofl: thats funny i have had two girls and am pregnant with my third girl so i never thought of that but i HAVE to tell my sister this when i see her again (she had a boy)

:rofl: thats funny i have had two girls and am pregnant with my third girl so i never thought of that but i HAVE to tell my sister this when i see her again (she had a boy)

U girls r hilarious :rofl: its been a while since I've laughed like this

hey another one for you, a baby girl may have a mini period in the 1st few days, due to all your hormones. i freaked out when i see blood in her nappy at about 18 hours old, but lucky enough a kind nurse explained what it was. can't wait to tell my daughter she had her first period at less than a day old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->