Crib mattress size

misenthrope

Reaction score
I'm getting an Ikea crib and it recommends 27 1/2x52 for the size. I found a nice mattress at sears, the size is 27x52, will that 1/2 inch make a big difference? We are planning on having a breathable bumper and not sure how thick those are.

Thanks!

The breathable bumpers have NO thickness to them at all.....so that won't fill the space. But 1/2 inch distribute evenly is a very small difference, like 1/4 inch....nothing that is going to entrap your baby.
I wish my mattress was 1/2 inch smaller cuz it's too snug of a fit right now.

I'm getting an Ikea crib and it recommends 27 1/2x52 for the size. I found a nice mattress at sears, the size is 27x52, will that 1/2 inch make a big difference? We are planning on having a breathable bumper and not sure how thick those are.

Thanks!

All of the Ikea baby mattresses fit perfectly into the Ikea cribs as well and the have a large variety of types and styles to choose from. 1/4 in. all the way around isn't an issue with the Sears mattress though.

i found the 1/4-1/2 in gap round EJ's mattress a godsend for tucking blanket and sheets etc... in lol made it loads easier to make the bed

Im scared to have a gap, we have about 1/4" difference and I am returning the thing for a new one that fits!

Thanks for the info! My sister has a mattress to give us but the size is 26.5 inches by 51 inches. Is that too much smaller than the reccommended 27 1/2 x 52?

No, cuz the 1 inch gap will be evenly distributed to 1/2 inch on each side.....still nothing that will cause any entrapment issues. We put down a mattress protector plus the baby's sheet and a soft blanket (for baby to sleep ontop of instead of a cold sheet) and with all those tucked in the gap disappeared for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->