Crib ?

Kian went into a bed at 11 months but he was already walking and trying to climb out of his cot so we thought a bed would be safer. We got a cot and then got a bed.

Ive moved mine at around 2 and 1/2, i know its time once they start climbing out themselves xx

I got Joani her own bed at 2 :) I am hoping to get Elinor in her own bed by about then too! Fingers crossed lol. Cos the baby will be a couple of months old and if I can get away with him/her sleeping in the moses basket till then... I wont need to buy a new cot :)

I bought my crib already too!! Actually the day I got my bfp :oops: My sister was coming with her 6 month old, so that was my excuse. We bought it from a friend who has been trying to sell it to us for awhile. We paid $250 and that included the mattress (which we will probably replace) and the matching change table.

The rails don't come down, but the bed can be lowered or raised so I hope it does last us until 2 years old. I don't know how much of a deal it was, but it was in good condition. Initially I thought of a convertible bed too but I want a couple more kids so will need the crib again anyways, so may as well have separate beds for separate milestones.

I DO have a convertible crib so I'm set for beds etc with Elyse now forever.. honestly I love the idea of this, the crib is gorgeous and I thought even if we decide to get her a new bed when we move because this one doesn't match her bedroom decor, or for whatever reason.. that we could a) save the crib for another baby, or b) put the bed into a guest bedroom, as it's a double bed.

I would say it depends on the crib and child (size of child, height of crib, if the child figures out how to climb out/lower the side, etc.)

But I think Elyse will probably be in her crib until she's about 2? My little cousin is still in her crib and she is 28 months old I think..

Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this early ;)

I have vague memories of the mattress being an issue if the crib is second hand - but I don't really know why... anybody know more?

I think for sanitary reasons you are recommended to replace the mattress when you buy a used crib. I know Erica's is still in the same condition as when we bought it new, but I would imagine maybe when kids are being potty trained and have accidents, that would pose health risks to reuse the mattress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->