Cribs for Petite Moms

1sttimemama2b

Reaction score
I am having a really hard time finding a crib that I like, that is safe/sturdy, and is short enough for me. I spent hours looking online and in my Baby Bargains book. I thought I was sold on something by Baby Cache (munire) at BRU but then I went to the store and it turns out the crib has a large lip/ledge on the front and while I had no problems reaching in at the time, I still felt like it was a little on the tall side for me. My sister bought the really pricey stokke sleepi crib and she really likes it, but I just can't see spending that much on a crib. I would like to spend under $500 if possible. But I also want something sturdy, substantial and safe. Should I just go with the one I like or keep looking for something shorter. I know the drop sided cribs were not safe, but I'm sort of wondering what us short moms are supposed to do?

Does anyone know of any cribs that are good for petite moms? I am not super short (i'm 5'2+) but just short enough so it poses a problem with some cribs.

Honestly I haven't found one that works for me. I can't reach the bottom of these new crib designs! I'm 5'3. I'm thinking I may have to cut the legs off some of these to make it work!

oh gosh never even though of that im a tiny 5ft i will have to get a step ladder lol

I'm 5'1 but I'm not too concerned. The cot we have is not really high atmthe sides and has adjustable heights so hopefully by the time it gets all the way to the bottom bubba will be able to sit up so I can grab him/her easier, if not I have a stepstool I carry round the house anyway. (I can't reach in the kitchen cupboards or wardrobes lol)
No one really thinks about short people when they plan things do they? I've lost count of the times ive (pre preggo) scaled the shelves in tesco to reach the top shelf!

I couldn't find any cribs/cots that were short enough for me. Im tiny though, im 4"11! Its ok at the minute as the one we have is on the high level at the minute but when my baby grows a bit im going to have to lower it and theres no way I can reach into the bottom. I don't know what im going to do! :(

No one really thinks about short people when they plan things do they? I've lost count of the times ive (pre preggo) scaled the shelves in tesco to reach the top shelf!
Haha!!! Me too. Though I have no shame in walking up to a random and saying "excuse me, you're tall. Could you grab that for me please?"
I'm 5'0 and at work (I'm a nanny) they have a standard cot. It's not ideal having to reach all that way down but I've always just got on with it as I've never known any different. I must say though, with my bump growing now, I can't reach as easily because I can't get as close. The last couple of days, when getting the 2 year old up, I've grasped the front of her sleeping bag and lifted her the first few inches using that. My Hubby is 6'2 so I can't really get a low one as he'll struggle then. Like Tanya, I'll get one that I can lower a little at a time so that when the baby is tiny, I can still reach to support his or her head but as they get bigger, they get mire independant anyway so will be able to sit up or lay themselves down.

I struggled with this too. We kept him in a bedside travel nest thing until 7 months so by the time he moved to his cot he was a bit bigger and easier to reach and kind of helped by reaching up towards me and then he could stand etc so it was OK after that.

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you?

I bought the Simmons Spring Harbor crib and double dresser. It's the lowest I could find. I haven't had any kids yet, but I went to every crib I could find and practiced bending over them, I found this to be the sturdiest and lowest. It's on sale now too!

https://webimgsrv.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/static/portal/marketing/Baby_Jan11.pdf Page 4 of their ad

Oh! And I'm 5'2" and no one seemed to understand my anxiety over finding a low crib! Everyone kept suggesting drop sides, which i didn't want.

ha ha i was reading this thinking why would you be wanting to sleep in a crib......doh!! I honestly didn't even think about stuff like this...i'm 5'2" something for me to think about in a few months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->