*cries* people are being so annoying/bordering on horrible!!

thesockqueen

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
I've been diagnosed by a DOCTOR (you know, a legally registered practitioner) with a chest infection and been given some amoxicillin to take for five days. I told a friend who instantly said 'Oh that's penicillin (no shit sherlock) what if your baby's allergic?! Just because you're not doesn't mean the baby won't be!' I was like 'Well surely that would've come up in one of the blood tests and the doctor wouldn't be so stupid as to give me something I can't have'. Then she just kind of said 'Okay, yeah, I'm just saying..' speaking in a tone that clearly suggested she thought I was stupid and didn't know what I was on about, it made me so angry :hissy: It's like she was saying I should just stay infected, which is probably even worse in the long run.
THEN I was telling someone about how my ex was upsetting me and they promptly launched into an explanation that because I've had a stressful pregnancy I'll have a stressful baby who won't sleep. Well I'm sorry, you'd be stressed as well if you were nearly forced into having an abortion, then had to deal with no end of bad rumours/chinese whispers about the father of your child, THEN had to deal with most of these rumours being true and him quite willingly walking away from the situation that he is 50% responsible for, yet leaving me with 100% of the forthcoming responsibility. He hasn't even apologised for his actions, he still thinks I'm in the wrong. Someone even said to me 'Do you ever regret not going through with the abortion? You could've walked away from all this you know' like I've deliberately made my life difficult just because I decided not to kill my fucking kid. It's like everyone thinks I'm going to be a bad mother because of all the choices I've made pre-motherhood. I have really low self esteem so to an extent I believe it even though logically that's probably not what people are thinking. My friends treat me like an annoyance or an inconvenience or something, so I'm just sat around at home feeling ill and crying because nobody has any faith in me :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Oh and I feel sick now, but I dunno whether it's the amoxicillin causing an inevitable allergic reaction to my baby or whether I'm just experiencing a placebo (someone said it so now I think it). I can't even say any of this to anyone coz they'll get offended :hissy:

Edit: Oh yeah, and now I'm even more upset/stressed, so really by telling me all this these people are being zero helpful.

Awkk, don't you dare listen to them, and your ex can go to hell! In deciding not to let someone force you into getting rid of your baby, YOUR baby, who you and your doctor know whats best for, you're already the best mum that baby could ask for. And liek i said Its your body and your baby, you speak directly to your doctor about what your feeling and they give you what they know you need and will help you, don't listen to other people, they haven't got a clue by the sounds of things, and as for your friends making you feel like an annoyance or inconveniance, you have eveyrbody here on BnB! *hugs* it may not be the same as talking to your friends in real life but atleast everyone on here knows what your going through and everyone wants to support! Friends making you feel that way or saying that stuff to you is deliberatley causing you stress. *hugs* sorry i feel really angry that you feel this way, you should be enjoying your pregnancy! its so unfair that you feel this way *hugs*

Ack, people just can't keep thier fool mouths shut can they!

I'm so sorry honey that you're going through such a shitty time atm but you have no reason to feel bad I'd say. Obviously I don't now the full story but I reckon that being strong enough to say, "Actually NO you're not gonna force me to get rid of my child!" is proof enough that you are the better person here. Forgive me for saying so but the 'daddy' sounds like a dick anyway and your mates obviously aren't playing with a full deck if they think you'd rather appease everyone else than nuture your baby!

Sorry if that's a bit full on but I think you are being very strong and you have at least got us lot to vent at. :D

Hold tight honey, it'll all be worth it when you're holding your baby who'll love you regardless of what anyone says. :hug:

Aww :hugs:
I had three chest infections with my last preg so had three courses of Amoxycillin and my Dd is now a happy healthy 20 month old, so your helpfull friend can take a running jump!
The doctor was concerned I would cough so much I could have broke my waters! also gave me an inhaler too.
And as for the stressfull preg - stressfull baby thats a load of tosh too!

You sound like a very strong person to have dealt with all the crap that you have, keep strong hun you are going to be a great mum xXx

:hug: :hug: thanks for that :)
I know in the grand scheme of things most of these people are just trying to be helpful, but the handy hints are just not that handy lol.
This might sound incredibly silly, but a lot of people don't know just how close I was to having an abortion. I was lying on the table, with the surgeon and the nurse asking me umpteen times whether I was sure. I burst into tears, got up, put my clothes on and said I wasn't doing it. Some people question whether I REALLY didn't want to do it because apparently if I had been so against it I wouldn't have allowed it to get that far, but that's not true. There's thousands of women out there who go through with it and regret it for the rest of their lives, I dread to think how they feel.
For some reason I've never really got over that day, for me it was a form of trauma (which is different for everyone). Thinking about it makes me tearful and feel all weird and horrible. I remember my mum said to me 'Oh you didn't do it so why are you still going on about it'. I don't know why I still think about it when it was months ago, but I do. It's like I'm trying to think it all out but I can't get rid of it. I think it's because save for one person I had literally everyone I know saying 'Do it, it's for the best' reeling off a list of reasons about the financial and emotional implications of having a baby, not giving a thought to how I might've been feeling at the time. I just feel so betrayed by all these people, like even though they're being supportive of my decision now, deep down they think I did the wrong thing. It's a complicated series of emotions, and it hurts so much, because the father said he'd be involved then backed out, ultimately proving that he thinks I made the wrong decision. It's all very :headspin: :headspin: confusing lol

Aww :hugs:
I had three chest infections with my last preg so had three courses of Amoxycillin and my Dd is now a happy healthy 20 month old, so your helpfull friend can take a running jump!
The doctor was concerned I would cough so much I could have broke my waters! also gave me an inhaler too.
And as for the stressfull preg - stressfull baby thats a load of tosh too!

You sound like a very strong person to have dealt with all the crap that you have, keep strong hun you are going to be a great mum xXx

I'm not even coughing, I've just had a tight chest for awhile, and after a listen to my chest the doc said it was an infection, and I guess she should know lol. I quit smoking 14 weeks into my pregnancy, so I think it's to do with that. I think people just like making me feel guilty or something...I'm not bloody Anthea Turner Housewife Goddess lol

I dont know what it is but more peopel seem to annoy me when I am pregnanct and its not me making them. fell out with two interfering poeple also and i tried my best to stay calm! but no everyone sticks their noses in and starts on your. I know how you feel. And most anti boitics are fie during pregnancy! its not like your drinking whisky every night like i bet they have made it sound like. Just have to try and ignore them. Thats what i do now anyway.

Im on amoxicillin too. And if the doctor has prescribed it of course its ok for you to take! I cant stand it when people go on like that and they have no idea what theyre talking about and think they know better than a proffessional doctor!!

:hugs: xx

stressful pregancy certainly doesn't mean stressful baby!!

I had a shitty time because of my ex during my pregnancy & I have a very content daughter :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"