*Cries*

Reaction score
I've always been told that newborn babies don't cry for no reason, so when ever Bella cries i always pick her up, make sure she is fed, dry, burped etc and usually when i'm 100% sure she is fine, she will be put down quite happily. But for the past few days she does seem to be crying for no reason, unless there is something i'm missing i think?
Anyway, my question is, when is it that babies can start crying for no reason? I thought at this age they hadn't developed the ability to cry for no reason? What age do they start doing this? Should it be this young or is it older? Or do you think it's something i'm missing? She usually stops crying if you jiggle her about a bit or walk her around, so i'm assuming she's just bored maybe? Ahh, i don't know! Lol. Any advice?

I would say if you've checked all the usual then she is bored and just wants some attention. I am guessing this is why my lo is crying at the moment cos I just had lunch and left her in her bouncy chair! I obviously took too long for her liking :)

Haha yeah Aiden always seems to cry when I'm eating my lunch or dinner, even though he's been fed/changed/played with etc....I say to him "you don't want me to eat do you? well if I don't eat then how am I going to be able to feed you?" he gives me a look as though to say "oh go on then get on with it but BE QUICK :growlmad:"

Do you check whether she's hot/cold etc?
Giving you've done all that then I'd guess she's a little bored or just wants a cuddle x

I don't think they every cry for no reason. They always have a reason, the problem is that we don't always know what that reason is.

Babies don't cry for no reason IMO. Could be boredom, overstimulation, hot/cold, overtired, just wanting closeness with you? There's tonnes of reasons why a baby cries, just because we can't work out what is wrong, doesn't mean nothing IS wrong.

as above, i spose they could have anything wrong like an uncomfy nappy to a n itchy nose lol

Oh dear!! Hate thinking something is wrong and i cant fix it! Lol. Ah well, i think i will sit in a corner and just go slowly crazy, lol.

Oh dear!! Hate thinking something is wrong and i cant fix it! Lol. Ah well, i think i will sit in a corner and just go slowly crazy, lol.

I can recomend wearing a ceral box on your head at the same time, for the full effect

I hate not being able to figure out whats wrong with them
I remember one day my lo was bout 12 weeks wingy twisty all day, easy to cry whennormally stuff wouldnt bother her. We had done everything. Know what it was, her socks were too tight round her ankle n had been unconfortable and she needed the next size up. Took them of n not another peep outta her
:shrug:

Hey hon,

We haven't had a no-reason-cry so far, always been something... just a case of figuring it out. Not liking the one particular crib/mattress was the weirdest one.

If she calms on being jiggled could it be wind/colic? Perfect timing for it. Infacol was only marginally effective for H, colief absolutely does the trick. Also, could she be hungrier than you'd expect? I can't believe how much H eats!!! If shes crying with Hubby but calms when I take her I know shes angling for food (even if it seems too soon since the last one) and I also test her with the knuckle of my little finger, to see how strongly she'll give it a suck (saves getting your boobs out in public only for LO to spit it out ;))

Hope you figure whats up xx

Yup, but best get used to it.

How often have I said to my LO

"If you would just tell me in plain English what is wrong, I will fix it for you!"

:dohh:

But I continue to try!

Yeah Sera, i always do the finger trick, it's so cute as well!! Lol. though feels a little like teasing, lol! And she does have quite bad wind, though since i started her on gripe water she has been much much better, but still always spend a good amount of time getting all the wind up just in case, so don't think it's that. :-/ hopefully i will figure it out soon, surely if i try everything, from socks to mattress's, i'm sure to eventually find out! Lol.

And :rofl: TigerLady! I might try that! Lol.

My hubby uses is nose instead of the finger lol. My nephew is now two and can ask for what he wants. not long lol

Lol... I don't think anyone ever cries for no reason, not even grown ups :)

I don't think they every cry for no reason. They always have a reason, the problem is that we don't always know what that reason is.

Agreed. There's ALWAYS a reason. I have this mental checklist I go through whenever I'm not sure what's wrong - it has gotten longer as he's gotten older!

- Is he hungry/thirsty?
- Does he need a diaper change?
- Is he hot/cold or otherwise uncomfortable?
- Is he tired?
- Is he over or under stimulated?
- Is he scared of something or someone?
- Is he frustrated?
- Does he want to share what I'm eating or participate in what I'm doing?
- Is he hurt?
- Does he just need a cuddle and some quiet time?
- Does he need to play by himself for a bit?
- Does he need a change of scene?
- Has he lost something? (His ball might have rolled under the couch, or the dog might have stolen his stuffed toy)

Newborns have a shorter list of needs, but they're tougher to read. We used to just go through the list until we hit on something; pretty soon we figured out his various cries, but just when you think you've got it, things change again so it's always a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->