crock pot meals

puddnpie

Reaction score
I am looking for healthy crock pot meals. Would anyone like to share?

I love my crock pot.

I toss in frozen chicken breasts
I toss in a frozen bag of veggies
I mix it either a large family size, or two standard size cans of cream of mushroom soup (straight from the can).

Cook on low for six hours :)

Stuffed Bell Peppers

As many bell peppers as you need, generally one person, & orange is the most flavorful imo.

Pan cook some ground beef, I use maybe a quarter to half a pound for two bell peppers, depending on their size. Season as you like, I generally do black pepper + sea salt and some onions for flavor. (Browning the meat first is a personal preference.)

Stuff the peppers with the cooked ground beef, put them in the crock pot. If you want, before stuffing the peppers, throw some cheese in the bottom, and then more on the top. Add more veggies if you want!

Then pour tomato sauce or jarred spaghetti sauce over them. I generally cook mine for 3 - 5 hours for the flavor. You can add rice in, as well. I generally cook my rice first before dumping it in.

Stuffed Bell Peppers

As many bell peppers as you need, generally one person, & orange is the most flavorful imo.

Pan cook some ground beef, I use maybe a quarter to half a pound for two bell peppers, depending on their size. Season as you like, I generally do black pepper + sea salt and some onions for flavor. (Browning the meat first is a personal preference.)

Stuff the peppers with the cooked ground beef, put them in the crock pot. If you want, before stuffing the peppers, throw some cheese in the bottom, and then more on the top. Add more veggies if you want!

Then pour tomato sauce or jarred spaghetti sauce over them. I generally cook mine for 3 - 5 hours for the flavor. You can add rice in, as well. I generally cook my rice first before dumping it in.

yum! Do you cook it on low or high?

If you pre-brown the meat, whichever setting you're most comfortable with is fine. If I'm starving and forgot to throw everything in the crockpot until two in the afternoon, I definitely put it on high for as long as possible. You're best able to tell when it's done when you run a fork over the bell pepper and it shreds fairly easily.

If you put raw ground beef in, definitely cook it on high for a long while. My mother used to cook hers raw and over the stove in a giant pot. I'm not sure what her recipe was for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->