Crohn's Disease and WTT

whiplashe81

Crohn's and WTT
Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I am in search of some good advice. I have had crohn's for 10 yrs. Last year I married my best friend, and we were hoping to have a family right away. Unfortunately my crohn's does not want to stay under control. I am currently taking entcort again. But it does not seem to be working this time.

I guess my question is how long after your crohn's is in remission do you stop your meds and TTC? I would love nothing more than to feel better and TTC. I know there alot of people out there like me and I would love to here from you.

Hi and welcome!
Sorry I can't actually comment on your specific question but my first thought would be: Talk to a doctor you trust. Chances are that everyone's different and only a medic can give you advice on your situation. But maybe some of the girls here can tell you about their experience at least.
Hope you feel better soon and good luck ttc!

I agree that you need to speak to a doctor you have a good relationship with. Also - when you do TTC, please ask for a 5mg prescription of Folic Acid since you have problems with digestion. :hugs:

Good luck for the future :hugs:

Not sure what the advice would be. Have you looked up some crohn's forums?

Or even try posting in our health forum, more people might see it especially people who already have conceived, trying or have children along with having crohn's.

I have Crohn's and had surgery for it this year so am also WTT. I want to be as close to 100% as I can be when I get pregnant.
You need to talk this through with your Gastro consultant...most likely they will recommend that you stay on some maintainance meds throughout the pregnancy as the benefits to you and baby far outway any risks (with most of the Crohn's medications out there). They do seem to say that if you get pregnant when in a flare up, you are likely to stay in a flare up throughout and visa versa...so best to be as healthy as you can first!
try crohnszone it's a good forum with a pregnancy section so you might be able to get more advice there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->