Cross eyed

redneckhippy

Reaction score
When my son tries to focus on something close up, his right eye crosses. We have an appointment with the eye doctor in a few weeks, but I'm wondering if it's normal to do this when focusing or if this seems like a lazy eye. Anyone else have a toddler whose eyes do this and if so what did the doctor say?

It sounds like a lazy eye ,i have one and mine does it.

My 2nd little boy did that, and we eventually brought him to a Pediatric Ophthalmologist. He has a slight turn to his eye, and is far sighted. He's worn glasses ever since.

We see the optho in a few weeks so we will see then. I guess one question I had was do eyes normally cross when looking at something close? The thing that seems odd to me is that it's always just his right eye. I never see his left eye cross when trying to focus.

Srrme did the glasses completely fix the problem?

No eyes don't normally cross. I've had glasses since I was two, I've got one lazy eye so only one turns.

We see the optho in a few weeks so we will see then. I guess one question I had was do eyes normally cross when looking at something close? The thing that seems odd to me is that it's always just his right eye. I never see his left eye cross when trying to focus.

Srrme did the glasses completely fix the problem?

It was always just my son's left eye that turned in. The glasses do correct the problem while he is wearing them. If he doesn't wear them his eye will turn in a bit and his vision isn't as clear. He wears them all the time, and has grown to love them.

My daughters eye did this, turned out she had a squint, had numerous ophthalmologist appointments and by the age of 4 it had corrected itself

My cousin had this, wore glasses starting in toddlerhood and it trained his eye out of it

I am "walleyed" which is the opposite of cross-eyed, it did not get diagnosed until I was 16 and having trouble hand-writing essays in an English class. For years doctors had been trying to force me to take various allergy meds for my migraines even tho I insisted they were doing nothing for them and I had no other symptoms of allergies. Within a week of having prisms in my lenses to correct my walleyes, my migraine went away and hasn't been back. It was life changing

My daughters eye did this, turned out she had a squint, had numerous ophthalmologist appointments and by the age of 4 it had corrected itself

Did she have to wear glasses? My 2yr olds eye squints and she has recently been prescribed glasses. I'm hoping it will correct itself with glasses?

Update: we saw the ophtho yesterday and he does need glasses. He has an astigmatism that is quite a bit worse in one eye (the one that turns) so he will need glasses to correct that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->