Crying in her sleep

Lou1234

Reaction score
Hi.

My daughter is nearly 15 months old.

For the last month or so she cries in her sleep every night and it sounds like a pain cry. She is lying flat on her tummy with her eyes still closed but crying. She is currently sleeping in a travel cot next to our bed. Often if I reach over and pat her back or give her the comforter she has she will stop.

If I leave her the crying sometimes stops and other times it increases and wakes her up. She then sits up in the cot and wants to come out.

She sometimes comes in the bed with us which used to settle her but these days she still cries out a few times a night.

I did think teething might be the problem. I have had a feel and her top molars have broken through (was expecting two more on the bottom first!). Could it just be that she maybe has 4-6 teeth on the move and it is hurting her?

Could it be something else I'm not thinking of?

I try to do Tylenol before bed if she's waking up crying.

I'd say teeth. Ciara has had spells of this and it's always coincided with new teeth arriving shortly afterwards for us.

I'd say teeth too. My lo has had spells of this and I give her Calpol which helps to ease her. Does your lo have any other reason to be uncomfortable such as too hot cold etc?

Thank you for your replies. You have confirmed what I though - that it is because of teething.

Our room sits at around 21-24 at the moment and she is in a vest and babygrow (pj's now as she undoes the poppers on her babygrow). She doesn't feel cold or sweaty at all.

Think we'll have to keep going with the calpol or teething powder and hope it stops once these teeth are though.

Ds goes through phases of this.
Have you tried those teething powders before calpol?
21-24 is quite warm ...
Xx

Ds goes through phases of this.
Have you tried those teething powders before calpol?
21-24 is quite warm ...
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"