Crying on purpose

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Abz1982, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

Does anyone elses baby cry just to blackmail them? Or do all babies do it? Emma has started to gurn for no reason, and I know she is faking it as I said to her a few times you wee faker - in a friendly voice - and she stops, looks at me and smiles and laughs then starts talking to me. It's not like I ignore her tho.........i spend a lot of time with her, maybe that's why she does it? Just that it is becoming VERY annoying as I cant get anything done :( as OH will take her now and then but basically I do it all - baby stuff, cooking, cleaning, washing etc etc...........and now I have hurt my back so I cant carry her v well so during the day she has to stay were she is for a while and so she just cries louder and louder.

It's drivingme potty ad I have had a migrane for 5 days as every night she gurns for 4 or 5 hours if she is not given undivided attention - evenhad the neighbours below bang on the ceiling :blush: but I don't want to be picking her up each time she cries.

2. Louise-B

Louise-B Mummy to Kitty + preg

Hello - my LO went through a phase of doing this too......I also told her she was being cheeky and wasn't really crying, and she used to stop and smile too. It didn't last long though - a week or two, I think. Hopefully Emma will get tired of doing it soon - good luck xx

3. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

I can make Caine laugh when he does this, mostly from if he is bored or wants attention lol

4. dali

dali Well-Known Member

apologies if you have tried this already but have you tried sitting her in a bouncy chair with a toy bar or something? ( during the day i mean) if she is doing it for attention it may just be that she is bored ?

5. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

yup, she is fed up of the bouncy chair :(. She is also trying to sit up and forward in it and getting v frustrated that she cant yet. In fact she seems to get very frustrated at her lack of mobility all the time! She seems to have a short attention span just like me, so if I do somthing with her she loses interest and grumps after 10 or 15 mins. Unless its a walk, then she is happy for hours.

On the up side, I now have some very nice cakes as she was trying my patience again so I whisked the mixture to death :D and they are nice and fluffy

6. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

My Lo had started to do this to...he's lyiing on the floor by my feet and occasioanly has a little whinge and if i talk to him in a silly voice he smiles.

short attention spans they get bored very quickly I think. One second he's happy then it's if he goes 'okay Mummy your turn to entertain me now I'm bored'
    he'll sit happyily in is swing for about 20/30 mins sometimes then just cry cos he's had enough

Am like you tho struggle to get things done sometimes, because I can't just let him cry!

Hopefully it will pass!

7. dali

dali Well-Known Member

it will pass hun :)
    and honestly it will pass so fast ( know everyone says that but it really does) just hang in there and make the most of these early months, as hard as they can be :)

8. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Maisies been doing this for the past 2 months lol. As soon as i go over to her i always call her cheeky and she laughs at me.

:rofl: