Crying on purpose

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Does anyone elses baby cry just to blackmail them? Or do all babies do it? Emma has started to gurn for no reason, and I know she is faking it as I said to her a few times you wee faker - in a friendly voice - and she stops, looks at me and smiles and laughs then starts talking to me. It's not like I ignore her tho.........i spend a lot of time with her, maybe that's why she does it? Just that it is becoming VERY annoying as I cant get anything done :( as OH will take her now and then but basically I do it all - baby stuff, cooking, cleaning, washing etc etc...........and now I have hurt my back so I cant carry her v well so during the day she has to stay were she is for a while and so she just cries louder and louder.

It's drivingme potty ad I have had a migrane for 5 days as every night she gurns for 4 or 5 hours if she is not given undivided attention - evenhad the neighbours below bang on the ceiling :blush: but I don't want to be picking her up each time she cries.

Hello - my LO went through a phase of doing this too......I also told her she was being cheeky and wasn't really crying, and she used to stop and smile too. It didn't last long though - a week or two, I think. Hopefully Emma will get tired of doing it soon - good luck xx

I can make Caine laugh when he does this, mostly from if he is bored or wants attention lol

apologies if you have tried this already but have you tried sitting her in a bouncy chair with a toy bar or something? ( during the day i mean) if she is doing it for attention it may just be that she is bored ?

yup, she is fed up of the bouncy chair :(. She is also trying to sit up and forward in it and getting v frustrated that she cant yet. In fact she seems to get very frustrated at her lack of mobility all the time! She seems to have a short attention span just like me, so if I do somthing with her she loses interest and grumps after 10 or 15 mins. Unless its a walk, then she is happy for hours.

On the up side, I now have some very nice cakes as she was trying my patience again so I whisked the mixture to death :D and they are nice and fluffy

My Lo had started to do this to...he's lyiing on the floor by my feet and occasioanly has a little whinge and if i talk to him in a silly voice he smiles.

short attention spans they get bored very quickly I think. One second he's happy then it's if he goes 'okay Mummy your turn to entertain me now I'm bored'
he'll sit happyily in is swing for about 20/30 mins sometimes then just cry cos he's had enough

Am like you tho struggle to get things done sometimes, because I can't just let him cry!

Hopefully it will pass!

it will pass hun :)
and honestly it will pass so fast ( know everyone says that but it really does) just hang in there and make the most of these early months, as hard as they can be :)

Maisies been doing this for the past 2 months lol. As soon as i go over to her i always call her cheeky and she laughs at me.

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"