Crystal Light???

jem77

Reaction score
Anyone know if Crystal Light is safe during pregnancy? I have a strong craving for some ice cold Crystal Light! I hope it's fine.....

I'm pretty sure it has artificial sweetner, which you are not suppose to use in pregnancy. For the safe side, I would stay away.

Personally I'd have it if you really want it. As long as you aren't drinking it all day every day a tiny amount won't do you or baby any harm. You have to have a pretty large amount of anything to cause anything serious

I agree with the PP ^^. I don't think it's going to do any harm. I drank a diet pepsi every day during my pregnancy with my son and he didn't suffer any harmful effects. If you avoided everything that's harmful (and I don't mean just during pregnancy) you'd miss out on life! :) I just had my first OB appointment today and in the brochure they gave me it says:

"Sugar substitutes are also considered safe during pregancy if used in moderation. They may even be helpful for pregnant woment with diabetes."

So I'd say as long as its in moderations you should be just fine! :thumbup:

I know it's safe to use Splenda while pregnant because it was recommended to me because I had gestational diabetes with my first. I don't think artificial sweetener is bad unless you are consuming vast quantities of it. I'd think it would be ok to have some Crystal light.

One of the doctors I have seen encouraged me to avoid aspartame during pregnancy. She said Splenda and Stevia were fine, as long as they were in moderation. Crystal Light makes a stevia version called Crystal Light Pure that is pretty tasty. Mio drink mixes are made with sucralose (Splenda). That's what I drink when I want a sweet kick.

I think it's okay to drink it. I have been so I don't drink caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->