Cup trouble!!!

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by Sarah242, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Sarah242

Sarah242 Member

My little one is almost 8 months old now and I have been trying to get him to drink his milk from a cup rather than a bottle for about a month now and I just seem to not be having any luck! He refuses to hold the cup himself to drink from it and never drinks the whole thing, whereas if I give him his bottle he is happy to hold it and drinks it all ok.
    Has anyone else had problems transitioning to the cup? Any advice? I have tried to offer him the cup loads but it's always the same thing!! Help!!!!

2. rach321

rach321 Well-Known Member

My LO is a year now and although he will drink water from his sippy cup on his own with no problems he refuses to drink milk from it - as far as he is concerned milk comes in bottles not sippy cups! Have you tried just offering him water in the cup to see if he will drink that? Also I gave LO his cup to play with in the bath so he could throw the water round all over the place and it didn't matter if he got wet!

3. Sarah242

Sarah242 Member

l
    yea i've tried giving him water and he is better with that although he is sometimes a little fussy bout holding it and seems to love shaking the cup about and dropping it on the floor!! I have kinda given up on the whole milk in cup thing to be honest but I just wasn't sure if he should still be drinking from a bottle now that his teeth are coming out. I've read that it's better if they drink from a cup. Is that true?

4. rach321

rach321 Well-Known Member

I've heard its better but its also more important for them to still have enough milk during the day too so its difficult to know what to do for the best!