Cures for morning sickness

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I'm a teacher so I spend pretty much my whole day on front of a room of people who obviously I don't want to tell I'm pregnant. They are all aged 11-18 so might be able to work it out on their own.

There have been a few times that nausea has hit mid lesson. It hits really quickly and I need to cool down and sit still so I can avoid actually being sick. I have water at my desk so I sip that, but ideally I need to stop having to sit down as I claimed to have a bug last week, I doubt I can claim it again this week.

I eat at each break but the problem is the things I pack for through the day make me heave by the time I go to eat them and I want something else. This is ok at lunch as I can go get something else but in the shorter breaks I can't.

I think the omega 3 vitamin I am taking is part of the cause. I'm normally vegetarian but wanted a high dose omega 3, about 10 mins later I start having fishy burps. It's horrid!

I don't like ginger biscuits or tea either.

I find nothing helps long term as I ultimately develop an aversion to everything! First I found mints helped but now the thoughts of them makes me feel worse! Last week salted crackers with cheese helped until I kept burping them up. I keep having to switch foods. The one thing I know is if it tastes too strong e,g onions/ garlic etc I'm going to pay for hours to come! So stick with bland. Sipping 7up helps a lithe too.
Don't envy your position, hope it all works out for you :)

Sweet things completely repulse me right now. I tried mints but they have to be really strong and not at all sweet. Chewing gum sometimes helps too.

I might try crackers!

I've been finding very sour sweets helpful but I don't know if that might cross over on to the sweet aversion!

I agree with pp. Sour candy. Cry baby's, war heads, war heads sour spray candy was a life saver with my daughter. Homemade Lemonade but not a lot of sugar. Sour stuff literally stops my nausea in it's tracks. It's temporary but you just eat some more when you need to.... hth

Giving birth :haha:. Seriously though, things which have worked for me in the past are travel sickness bands, apples, sour sweets, water and dry crackers or breadsticks. Good luck!

I had awful morning sickness when pregnant with my first, I completely sympathise! Dry crackers were the only thing that worked for me, nibbling on them little and often and never allowing myself to be hungry as that made me feel worse!

Oh my goodness sour sweets are my new favourite thing! Had a packet of sour star bursts and now eating a packet of sour skittles! Don't know if it is helping the sickness but it sure is yummy!

Dry biscuits and crackers with cheese helped me at the start, then it was pre packed apple slices. Also found drinking pure apple juice and pure orange juice helped and still does. Hope it eases soon for you x

Sea bands!! Seriously give them a go. Other things like mints or chewing gum. Boiled sweets or sugary chewy sweets worked for me too. Xxx

Ms is caused by low blood sugar, if you have sugary Carby food your blood sugar takes a few loops on a roller coaster ride. Protein sustains your bs levels the longest and won't spike them and crash them an hour later. Small protein snacks and frequently if you can. Green tea also evens out blood sugar levels.

It's a myth about candy & crackers - they cause spikes and dips causing serious fast crashes. For me they are a very temporary fix and unpleasant quick-on sick feeling.

Agree with the travel sickness bands they seem to be working wonders at the moment.

Ms is caused by low blood sugar, if you have sugary Carby food your blood sugar takes a few loops on a roller coaster ride. Protein sustains your bs levels the longest and won't spike them and crash them an hour later. Small protein snacks and frequently if you can. Green tea also evens out blood sugar levels.

It's a myth about candy & crackers - they cause spikes and dips causing serious fast crashes. For me they are a very temporary fix and unpleasant quick-on sick feeling.

Sorry to be picky but what you have written isn't actually correct. Morning sickness is the body's reaction to pregnancy hormones in some form but it hasn't actually been fully understood. Eating complex carbs such as whole wheat in crackers, or having slow digesting foods helps to maintain an even blood sugar to avoid peaks and troughs. Xxx

All the other suggestions sound great, I personally find sipping on lemonade helps. Also, take your prenatals before bed instead of in the morning. That helps a lot too.

You might look into homeopathy. I have had great success with homeopathic remedies like Sepia and Pulsatilla. There are some really good articles out there if you do a little searching online.

Also, the Sea Bands are cool, but for me they start to hurt after a while, and the nausea is allllll night too, and the Sea Bands shift at night. I find that just doing the points on my wrist myself with my thumbs helps more.

Sorry to be picky but what you have written isn't actually correct. Morning sickness is the body's reaction to pregnancy hormones in some form but it hasn't actually been fully understood. Eating complex carbs such as whole wheat in crackers, or having slow digesting foods helps to maintain an even blood sugar to avoid peaks and troughs. Xxx

https://umm.edu/health/medical/pregnancy/staying-healthy-during-pregnancy/morning-sickness
Ms is hormonal yes but I'm pretty sure we're speaking about the triggers right? I don't think OP was asking what is ms, just how to avoid it and most of us are suggesting trigger avoidance. countless websites suggest and my doc recommended to me-avoiding sugary, simple carb foods, sticking to high protein diet to help even out blood sugars (I've provided a link for you to read above). That website also validates the other girls' ideas ideas behind acupuncture/pressure as being helpful too. Def lots of things to try. If what you say is morning sickness isn't understood then why tell me what I said isn't true? From your own statement that seems hypocritical.

I recommend staying away from SIMPLE carbs such as candy & crackers because they spike blood sugar too much. We're likely more sensitive to smells, sugar spikes, and lows because of our surging hormones, blood sugar is one of those things we'll be sensitive to - absolutely 100% true. But hey, if eating crackers and carby wheaty foods works for you, go for it. We're all free to do as we please, like I said carby food definitely make me feel lethargic & bring on bouts of what I call quick-sick. It sounds like OP struggles with this too. :flower:

My sickness has actually subsided a bit now (to be replaced by nosebleeds and rock boobs!) but I'm sure it will be back soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->