Curious.. morning sickness.. Girl/Boy experience..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by KatBar, Apr 22, 2021.

1. KatBar

KatBar ~Lucky mumma of 2 boys~

Hey,

Just a curious post really (as I know this is more of an old wives tale type of thing), but if you've had both a boy and girl, did you experience any differences?

I've had 2 boys (pregnant with 3rd, unknown sex). For my first son, I just felt mildly hungover from around week 7. Craved lots of junk food, but overall I felt fine. For my second son, I had basically no symptoms and felt mostly normal. The only thing I craved was fresh tomatoes. It was pretty great really.
    This time round, from week 5 I have felt mild-moderately sick, most food in general is unappealing (yet I still find enough to constantly snack lol), and I have had no significant cravings. There have been a handful of times I thought I was going to spew, but didnt.

Anyway, it did get me slightly hopeful it could be a girl. But I'm 9 weeks and 3 days today, and I feel like the symptoms are easing up and disappearing, so now I'm back to thinking boy again haha.

I'll find out in a few weeks, and its fine either way, but thought it'd be interesting to hear peoples experiences in the meantime!

One thing I did find interesting actually, is that before each of my boys, I had quite vivid dreams of having a baby boy (I can still picture one of the dreams in my head over 6 years later).
    This time round, I had a vivid dream of having a baby girl (it was the same morning I decided to test and got a BFP).
    I kinda of think its probably more coincidence, but it would be kind of cool if it then was a girl!

2. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

My nausea was worse with my girl pregnancy.

KatBar likes this.
  3. missielibra

missielibra Well-Known Member

For DS1, I had no nausea, no nothing.
    For DS2, I had the worst nausea, I couldn't even function! I had to take the pills (which didn't even help). And it lasted until at least 20 weeks. I was SO sure he was a girl! CONVINCED haha!

I hope you get what you want <3

KatBar likes this.
  4. KatBar

Its interesting hey!
    I def was leaning towards girl when I first felt sick, but I think I'm def swinging back to boy now!
    Ultimately I don't care (as I know I will love another boy just as much as my first two), but a girl after 2 boys would be a nice surprise!

5. daniyaaq

daniyaaq Mom of 2 girls, + maybe 1 on the way

Always here people say they have worst sickness with girls. Both my girls have been awful. But had a coworker come up to me and say she thinks I’m having a boy, she has a boy and girl and she had the worst sickness with her boy.

KatBar likes this.
  6. KatBar

Yeah I agree, I tend to hear its worse with girls too!
    Interesting about your co-worker!
    My friend has 2 boys and had shocking morning sickness with both, so I guess it really does go either way.. I think I just hear more women say they had an easy pregnancy with a boy, over hearing women say they had an easy pregnancy with a girl.

7. bclaytonsc

bclaytonsc Well-Known Member

I am having a girl and I had some nausea here and there in the first tri, and threw up a few times, but overall not terrible :)