Current birthcontrol?

Jcliff

Reaction score
well, i finally had my 5 week pp Ob appointment last week. We discussed how long we will be waiting to try and have another baby (2.5 years at least I have decided). So my Dr gave me some birth control options. He pushed the IUD option, but Ive heard horror stories and dont really like the idea. Also the pill was an option. (i was on the pill before getting married). Im leaning more towards the pill. I have however lost alot of weight and would like to keep it all off. Does anyone recommend a birth control pill they take that has no side affects? I was told ortho-low was a good one. thanks!

I kno u said u weren't an IUD fan and I used to be the same way, but I have one now and can't believe I ever used anything else... Huge fan. If u go the extra mile to try see a women's health doctor or one who u ask in advance is good with stuff there shudnt be a problem with the insertion ect! I was on the Nuva ring before and didn't mind it... I love not having to worry about anything (three weeks yadda ya or pills) so this is def working for me and I recommend it! I got the non hormonal one to ensure there was no extra mood or weight funny business :thumbup:

If you don't feel comfortable with the IUD, don't let your doctor push you into it. I made that mistake and hated it. If you know the pill works for you and you are comfortable taking it, then go for that. :thumbup:

I've always had the implant and I love it. I have been on this pill and it gave me nothing but problems so opted with the implant instead. The doctor did try and push me to use the IUD but I told her no way I want the implant so that's what I got :)

Don't let them push you into anything! I was pushed into the injection and its ruining my life :( I haven't stopped bleeding in months, my hair is falling out in clumps, and.they cmpletely brushed off the fact I want a small age gap :( tbh id have far rather had 2 kids within a year of each other than gone on this vile thing :(

Just remember its your choice!

Currently using Levlen ED until OH and I decided whether to TTC for #2 in the next year or so. If we decide longer I will be going for the IUD route.

I'm on cerezette, a progestogen only pill as I'm breast feeding and so far so good :)

I have the implannon Implant. Ita fab, this is the 3rd time iv had it..3years of no worries. Iv also tried the injection and two types of pill allwhich caused me nothing but trouble. I also dont get a period on the implant ;) BONUS LOLx

My current birth control is pregnancy :haha: before that I was on the pill microgynon (it didn't fail lol) the only side effect it seemed to have was moodiness, quite bad actually but as long as you don't mind your OH suffering.....

Side effects definitely didn't include weight gain for me though.

Implant - no worries although I do wonder if it make me ratty/impatient/moody??

Ive had the coil fitted and I love it! No weight gain yet... I don't have to remember to take the pill and extremely light, blink and you'd miss it periods... I would totally recommend. It also stays in for 5 yrs!

I had the arm implant before I got pregnant and had all the side effects! We're using condoms xx

The 8 month sleep regression is great birth control.

But seriously, we use condoms. We stupidly had unprotected sex at 13 days post-partum, but have used condoms since. Not that we have much sex anyway.

Currently using condoms as I'm taking warfarin, but would have had another implant if I could have done. I had one before I got pregnant and it was great.

I'm currently pregnant so that's our current birth control but we normally use the pill and condoms.

After this baby, OH will be getting the snip.

But seriously, we use condoms. We stupidly had unprotected sex at 13 days post-partum, but have used condoms since. Not that we have much sex anyway.

You had sex 13 days post partum!! Wow! I was still struggling to sit at that point. Impressed!

You had sex 13 days post partum!! Wow! I was still struggling to sit at that point. Impressed!

Haha me too! Think I would have decked OH if he had even tried to come near me :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->