Curry! Does it work or wishful thinking?

cybermum

MUM TO 2 BOYS.
Reaction score
I have been in the mood for a really good curry for few days now.
Has anyone ever found that it works too and kickstarts you into labour?

I do want one for both reasons but knowing my luck all I will get is the runs!:rofl:

Do you think its just an old wives tale?

my midwife told me that the purpose of spicy food is to empty your bowels to let the babys head fully engage. ive been eating spicy food for a week now, NOTHING!!

Ive eaten nothing but currys for weeks! all its done is give me the runs!! Ive tried everything in the book, even managed to land myself a bumpy tractor ride when i took the kids to a farm this morning still no baby, I feel like :cry: how frustrating is it being this pregnant! xxx

ive eaten no curry lately but can not stop emptying lol when i ate curry it blocked me up :dohh:

Well I have the loose bowels already so who knows what would happen if I get one,LOL
Will probably have one though,just in the mood for a really good curry and nan bread :)

i love curry n eat it about twice a week, i think my body and the baby must b immune to it now lol

I'd say if you fancy it definitly have it! i'm sure our pregnant bodies are really good at making us crave foods with stuff in the baby needs, enjoy hun! xxx

I had a veggie vindaloo last night for my tea...boy it was bloody hot but I ate it!

I paid for it this morning though, 6 trips to the loo later and a bout of awful pains.....Im still here.

To make matters worse ive been up the hospital today and had 2 internals...with poop stains in my knickers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh the shame:blush:

So, it dont seem to have worked for me.

I had a really hot curry every week for about a month before my daughter came & i went early. Not sure if it helped.
But if it does give you the runs it may give you belly aches hence labour starting.

The theory is that the spiciness causes your stomach/intestines to contract/spasm which has a knock-on effect on your uterus, forcing it to start spasming/contracting, therefore starting labour.

Whilst a lot of people swear by the theory, I'm not too sure. I have IBS and read up on a lot of people's personal accounts of their IBS triggering premature labour (due to the same reasons as curry) but when I mentioned this to the doctor and the midwife, they both said they'd never heard of such a thing and they very much doubted it and it was more likely to be the dehydration caused by the extensive diorreah of IBS that caused it.

Therefore, if something as severe as IBS can't trigger labour, I don't see how a curry can, in terms of the theory that it stems from.

I had a slightly warm chinese curry on sun night
A toby carvery for dinner yesterday
Then a hot curry for tea yesterday.

I just love curry though hahaha

The theory is that the spiciness causes your stomach/intestines to contract/spasm which has a knock-on effect on your uterus, forcing it to start spasming/contracting, therefore starting labour.

Whilst a lot of people swear by the theory, I'm not too sure. I have IBS and read up on a lot of people's personal accounts of their IBS triggering premature labour (due to the same reasons as curry) but when I mentioned this to the doctor and the midwife, they both said they'd never heard of such a thing and they very much doubted it and it was more likely to be the dehydration caused by the extensive diorreah of IBS that caused it.

Therefore, if something as severe as IBS can't trigger labour, I don't see how a curry can, in terms of the theory that it stems from.

After just reading your post, i also have IBS and havnt had many spasms during pregnancy, if anything my bowels have gone REALLY sluggish.
Strange :blush:

Well I am that desperate I wil try anything!LOL
I haven't slept properly for 2 weeks now,and so grouchy LOL

So it wil be a nice chicken karahi with extras :)

mmmmmmm did have one on Saturaday but bit scared to have another one incase it does do something and I end up having curry poops in labour!!!!:rofl:They are never nice curry poops and would not want to inflict on the MW and OH!!!!

Had my curry with extra chilies :)
Was SO good!
Still got pains,kind of spreading up from bottom of bump to top and around my back.
Also feel my lady bits feeling wider IYKWIM?
Pressure down there.

No runs yet so fingers crossed,LOL

My Dad does beautiful HOT HOT HOT currys and when ur eating them ur nose is running eyes are watering and ur tongue is on fire but u HAVE to eat it all they are so yummy you just dont wanna stop lol, and my sister in law went into early labour by a week after eating one on christmas day last year. lol And mum went into labour too on curry, so if anyone wants the recipe give me a shout lol!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->