• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Curse of the faint positive....please help

lauraloo24

Reaction score
I'm back again after a chemical pregnancy two cycles ago. Then, i got a decent visible line on frer at 11dpo and pregnant 1-2 on cb digi at 14dpo. But my line tests started getting lighter till they went negative a week after BFP and I started bleeding.

Forward to now and I was getting some symptoms including AF cramps and sharp pains in boobs and pelvic bone area. Tested 10dpo with evening wee on frer and cb plus and got very very faint positives. This morning I tested with frer and still very faint at 12dpo. Cb digi today was bfn although not surprised as I know they are less sensitive and frer was so,faint so obv v low hcg levels.

I have a shorter luteal phase so AF would have been due today but since cp I've been taking vit b6 so I guess AF still could arrive in next few days. I was hoping that this bean was sticking as I didn't get the pelvic area pains in last pregnancy.

Does anyone have any success stories where BFP was super faint at 12dpo? Feeling pretty hopeless :nope:

A lot of women get only faint lines at 14 dpo Hun ur still early when did u test what time of day?

I tested in the evening at 10dpo and this morning at 12dpo with fmu x

My frer stayed faint I gave up and started testing with different tests.
Xx

thanks, only have IC's in and the one from this morning has given me a super faint as well. Will have to get some different tests i think x

U may have implanted later Hun do u have a pic? Hcg varies so much from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy, my tests were so faint if I used urine early in the day but got much darker lines after 3pm

Try testing with SMU. I got faints in the morning pee but way darker lines with SMU.

thanks ladies, i think i will try smu or testing in the afternoon, good idea. I do have some test pics in the pregnancy test gallery, todays one is in there its just soooo faint! Visible without squinting to me anyway but its not putting my mind at rest. I know i just need to be patient but easier said than done. Might try and get some more different tests this evening and see what happens.
Also, like you said nickyb i was thinking i might have implanted later this time but for me to have got a very faint positive at 10dpo, surely i should technically have implanted by then? Its funny cos i was getting the sharp pains yesterday after my first bfp. Guess process of implantation could take a day or so then 2-3 days for the hcg to really hit the system which would mean im not out?

Give it a couple of days easier said than done I know lol, then test again I had a look at ur tests over in test section and they are very light but that really dosent mean anything women produce hcg at diff rates and u could of implanted at 9/10 dpo so it might take a few days to darken :thumbup:

I would give it a couple days - as maybe you implanted later. In my own personal experience - faint tests always have equaled chemical pregnancies and I've had 6 of them where my very faint positive lines would get lighter until negative and I would start bleeding. It wasn't until I was put on Progesterone Suppositories starting after ovulation last month that I finally seem to have my rainbow baby. My RE said that low progesterone after ovulation makes it almost impossible for the egg to implant therefore resulting in Chemical Pregnancies.
This might not be your case, but I wanted to share anyways.
Best of luck Xx

thanks, only have IC's in and the one from this morning has given me a super faint as well. Will have to get some different tests i think x

I had horrible luck with IC's! I used one when my FRER lines were equally dark, and ic barely showed up as a bfp at 14dpo. I kept taking them, and over the course of a week, they barely got darker- the lines never got close to being the same. At 6 weeks they had me thinking things couldn't be going well, but I saw a hb. I took one for the heck of it just before my 8 week u/s, and although it showed up much faster than it had been, it was almost as faint as my bfp at 14 dpo (although I was getting a 3+ on cbd, and had a great 8w u/s)... so I think with IC's a + is a +!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond ladies, this is such a nervewracking time for me. The first chemical was obviously horrible with the worry of a week of tests getting no darker. I was hoping it was just one of those things and never to have to go through it again! And here i am with more faint lines,argh! I'm trying to hold off testing for a while, as I had really good signs of implantation at 10/11dpo, it doesnt explain the faint positive at 10dpo on frer but it was so incredibly faint perhaps it picked up something at the very beginning of implantation and the process had only just begun, who knows. I've read FRER test for hcg-h which is released at the very beginning of implantation before hcg that most tests pick up, and its why they can give positives before others.

I still feel very different to how i felt during my first chemical, so either this bean is even less sticky or its a sticky and just a shy one. Time will tell, will keep you posted xx

I've had a faint line on frer when my hcg was only 5.7... Crazy.

I didn't even get a BFP at 12dpo, it wasn't until 14dpo I got my BFP x

I didn't even get a BFP at 12dpo, it wasn't until 14dpo I got my BFP x

thank you hun, that gives me some hope. i remember you from when i got my bfp in april as i would have been due around same time as you, so glad to see you got your sticky bean x

Sc my hcg was the same as yours with my last preg! My hcg was only 6, and was told it was a chemical since my levels were so low and had pos tests, but he's a crazy 1yr told now

I also find the IC's totally crap. I used the asda/wilko's dip tests which are 25miu and got way darker lines on that than the 10miu IC's! Even now at 4.5 weeks pg they still aren't that dark so don't trust them. I had a chemical last cycle also and my tests stayed faint for ages, but that was FRER's and CB digi stayed at 1-2 weeks. HAd bloods done and they went from 18 to 26 to 20 and then 20 again. They thought ectopic but I just m/c in the end after weeks. Hopefully you're just using dodgy tests!! x

i got my first BFP at 15 dpo only and i also have a shorter luteal phase. the FRER thingy is overrated on these forums i think. it is just a pee test, with all the disadvantages of a pee tests, especially in early days like ie.
- how much water you drink,
- how long does it take for YOUR BODY to build up detectable amounts of HCG in urine,
- which HCG isoform does your body produce (Not all of them are detectable by the urine tests, just some, and some women produce the undetectable forms of HCG more than others),
- hook effect,
- temperature (low temperatures slow the colorimetric enzyme reactions down), and so on and so forth.

it is true that it is a very sensitive test, no question about it. i just say, it is not the gold standard as it seems to be considered on these forums. it's very very popular brand in UK and USA but not in other eu countries to be honest.

in terms of HCG testing,a quantitative blood test is way more sensitive, indicative and reliable. :) hope this was helpful!

Thanks everyone for your responses but must have been indents/evaps as AF arrived yesterday. Must stop getting my hopes up! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"