Curved handle FRER progression?

breakingdawn

Reaction score
I am just curious how everyone else's FRER progression was, with the new curved handle. I am probably reaching. :(

I got a VERY faint BFP on an IC Monday. We are now at Saturday. I ran out of IC's so on Thursday I did a FRER. Line showed up a lot quicker. Today, Saturday, line was much slower and seems lighter or the same. It is hard to tell because the top test has been dried since Thursday.

I am probably grasping at straws. I had an ectopic this exact same month and time back in 2011... wouldn't that be terrible if it was another? :cry: With my ectopic, my levels went up very slowly.

Prayers, advice, knowledge? I did blood work Friday. Will get results Monday with maybe another blood test to see what my numbers did since that is the only accurate way to tell....

Attachments

• 13883723_10210331628832915_1296338489_n.jpg
    13883723_10210331628832915_1296338489_n.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 74
I can definitely see the progression on your tests xxx I didn't personally use the curved handle ones this time (not seen them for sale here), but the flat ones gave me the same result as yours are here. I too had an eptopic previously and I know what you mean about lines taking ages to darken. They look fine to me hun xxx all the best xxx

The curved handle were terrible for me. They showed bfp one day, bfn the next. Broke my heart. Also they darkened up considerably after they dried and that was very annoying. Best of luck, I hope you get good news Monday.

I had no issues with the old FRERs back in 2011 with my second pregnancy, which was a month after my ectopic loss. I have one tube left, so if this is another ectopic, I will be done. :(

I freaking hate the curved handled ones for progression! They aren't at all like the old FRERs... Mine hardly progressed at all. I did get a lot more progression from the First Response Rapid Result tests, for some reason.

I had no issues with the old FRERs back in 2011 with my second pregnancy, which was a month after my ectopic loss. I have one tube left, so if this is another ectopic, I will be done. :(

I lost my right tube too, was last November. I thought I'd be lucky to get pregnant again at all, the way the doctors spoke to me in the hospital. But luckily my other tube was fine, thank goodness. I must admit I did panic a bit this time, thinking the worst, but I just had a good feeling that things were ok, unlike last time, I just knew something wasn't right. Early scan confirmed at 6weeks that it was in the right place, such a relief. I'm sure everything will be fine, although I can understand the worry xxx your tests look fab tho :thumbup:

Here is a photo when the 14dpo had an hour or so to dry. It's hard to compare to a test that's been dried for two days! I just feel it's a lot lighter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 36
I do not think it looks lighter at all!

I wish I could see what everyone else is seeing... :( In person, they look about identical. Which is tricky, since one is two days dried. It will be interesting to see them side by side tomorrow.

My issue is, if HCG doubles every 48 hours, my test today should have been a good deal darker. With my ectopic, my hcg rose very slowly.

If you click on my parenting journal & go to page 62 & 63 you will see some of the aggravation I had with the stupid frer.
:hugs:

I thank you ladies for the support but I saw a small bit of brown spotting when I went to the bathroom just now. I'm thinking this is probably the beginning of the end for me. :(

Brown is old blood. Not giving up yet. I do 110% understand where you are at though. :hugs:

I see your replies now :) I have not noticed any other spotting aside from the one time mixed in with some CM which I have been having nonstop it seems. I keep rushing to the bathroom and checking every 30 minutes. Mostly because i have a lot of cramps and back pain now with it. :(

Blood level update: on Friday, around 13dpo, my levels were 56. I just did more blood work and will have those results tomorrow morning. I'm very nervous. My doctor said if they aren't rising normally I have to go back again Wednesday. If it seems to be rising normally then he said a scan in two weeks. Seems far off to me with an ectopic risk I don't know. :(

I had bloods taken at 10dpo with my last son & they were only 10. I know it's the doubling time that matters. I hope you get good news in the morning. I'm not sure about the scan in two weeks. Maybe just ask them for reassurance that that is a good plan?

He seems to think 56 is low. Most people get closer to 100 but we will see. :(

56 sounds fine for 13 dpo. keeping all fx for you!

Breaking - Thought you might get some peace of mind from below. You are above the average for a day later than you even were! Hopefully this helps you be able to relax a little, although I can imagine how stressful it would be:

Again: the range of HCG levels in the blood during pregnancy is huge; a single value will not indicate a normal pregnancy! In fact, a number of values are necessary before making a number of determinations, including how far along the pregnancy is. Consider the following figures (based on days past ovulation (DPO); all HCG levels and ranges are averages):

DPO, 14. HCG level, 48 mIU/ml. Range: 17-119 mIU/ml.
DPO, 15. HCG level, 59 mIU/ml. Range: 17-147 mIU/ml.
DPO, 16. HCG level, 95 mIU/ml. Range: 33-223 mIU/ml.
DPO, 17. HCG level, 132 mIU/ml. Range: 17-429 mIU/ml.
DPO, 18. HCG level, 292 mIU/ml. Range: 70-758 mIU/ml.
DPO, 19. HCG level, 303 mIU/ml. Range: 111-514 mIU/ml.
DPO, 20. HCG level, 522 mIU/ml. Range: 135-1690 mIU/ml.
DPO, 21. HCG level, 1061 mIU/ml. Range: 324-4130 mIU/ml.
DPO, 22. HCG level, 1287 mIU/ml. Range: 185-3279 mIU/ml.
DPO, 23. HCG level, 2034 mIU/ml. Range: 506-4660 mIU/ml.
DPO, 24. HCG level, 2637 mIU/ml. Range: 540-10,000 mIU/ml.

I've seen so many conflicting charts on hcg! I've seen the median being as much as 100 for 13dpo. I was like well crap, I guess I'm out! Ugh so I stopped googling! But thank you for sharing what you found! It does help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->