Cybex Pallas-fix (or similar impact cushion) Group 1-2-3

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Gingerspice, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Gingerspice

Gingerspice Well-Known Member

2. hattiehippo

hattiehippo Well-Known Member

We tried the kiddy energy pro last weekend at the incarsafety centre at Milton Keynes. Tom loved sitting in the seat but he would not let me fasten the impact shield across him. had a total strop and kept pushing it away from him. This made it impossible to put the seat belt on.

I gave up and got the Britax 2 way elite erf seat instead.

it was a shame cos he looked really comfy and would have had his arms free.

I'd definately recommend going and trying 1 out as from my experience some toddlers just won't cope with the shield.

Really happy with the 2 way erf seat though!

3. Gingerspice

Yeah, we're hoping to go and try it tomorrow. I suspect my LO won't tolerate it, but was wondering how others found it. Hopefully she will as I really like the look of it, and it looks like a safer option than traditional FF.

4. hattiehippo

I know what you mean - I really liked the look of the seats and thought it would be a safer option than standard FF and liked all the extra protection in the sides etc. And as we only had 1 choice of ERF seat due to the underfloor compartments in our car I was really keen to try it as another option.

I hope your LO gets on better with the shield than Tom did. There is a lady on here whose LO uses one of these seats - I'm sorry I can't remember her name - but she's found the seats to be really good.

5. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

My LO has the kiddy energy pro & loves it - he has always hated harnesses. We've been really happy with the seat; our local baby shop sells them & they are pretty popular in our area.

6. Gingerspice

We'll trying it today so will let you know how we get on. From what I've read, they're almost as good safety wise, as ERF for certain (most common) crash tests.
    The main concern is whether the seat belt is long enough to go round and through the cushion as I've heard many aren't as the belts still needed to secure the cushion (and thus the child) even though we're looking at the seat being held in position by ISOFIX

7. joeyjo

I don't know how the cybex fastens but with the kiddy the seatbelt just goes on like normal. Basically if your seatbelt could strap in somebody size 16-18 it would fix the seat no probs.

8. Gingerspice

Ok, well she is far too petite for the cybex pallas. The whole unit is pretty big , and the cushion literally came up to her chin!!!

We tried the Kiddy Guardian Pro and as this starts small and then then extends up and outwards it fitted her much better. It was all round a more petite seat with a much better/taller insert for small users, which probably isn't good for others with bigger built children, but as she is tiny this was ideal. The cushion fits her properly across her chest with arms above it. Also John Lewis do in fact stock a ERF seat, albeit probably the biggest and most unattractive on the market and the lady actually seemed to know about stuff and didn't get shocked by my comment that it is either an impact cushion or ERF seat we're getting, and definitely not harness FF yet - whereas the M&P lady was most defensive when I said this. (And didn't seem to know anything about car seats at all)

Plus this one allows toys etc to be clipped on to the cushion by the front little popper system they have so this will be great for her not dropping items and losing them!!

We're yet to put LO in the carseat properly, doing a long journey tomorrow with it, so shall see how she gets on with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KIDDY-4146...09L0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307108688&sr=8-1

9. Gingerspice

10. Eala

Eala Mum of two gorgeous girls

Glad to hear you found one which fits her :) Hope she gets on well with the long journey!

11. hattiehippo

Really glad to hear you found a good seat. Hope the journey goes well tomorrow.

12. Guernseybabe

Guernseybabe Member

Hi am hoping someone can help. I have tried the mamas and papas cybex Pallas in our car and it does not fit as seat belt is just too short. Does anyone know if the kiddy guardian pro or transformer t pro or Jane montecarlo with impact shield uses less seatbelt? I can't try any of the others as no one in Guernsey stocks them:growlmad:
    I will have to order by Internet and it will cost a bit to send back if it doesn't fit. Want one of these as ds has started to get out of his 5 point harness even if it is pulled mega tight!
    Thanks

13. joeyjo

Kiddy energy pro uses much less seat belt - I believe the guardian pro is similar.

14. Guernseybabe

Guernseybabe Member

Thanks that's great I can contact kiddy and ask them if it uses same amount of belt. Then hopefully all escape attempts will be scupered!