cycle advice

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
right girls its been a while and I cant remember much about cycles and ovulating!!!

So the implant is out and I am having my period now, dont know wether to class this as a proper period but I will for the time being. In theory I should have normal cycles straight away and the hormones come straight out of the system when it is removed. But we will see they might be a bit messed up for a while. It was long time ago that I last had normal 28 day cycles.

So if I am very lucky and have a normal 28 day cycle, when would I ovlulate ? is it 2 weeks after period ?

And when can I get pg ? is it for 72 hours before and after ovulation ? (how long does sperm survive??)

And what are the signs of ovulation ?

haha sorry for all the questions Im a beginner.

You wont necessarily ovulate exactly 2 weeks after your period .. but as far as i am aware it usually is around that time. I never can tell when I ovulate (apart from the fact that i am using a fertility monitor) but i know some women can get cramps around that time, sore bbs sometimes and ewcm.

Sperm can survive for a few days (maybe 4?) but the egg only survives one day without being fertilised so you should aim to bd in the week before and on ovulation day (if you know when that is). So that is the optimum time for getting pg. (sounds easy when you say it like that dont it .. lol)

Someone please correct me if i am wrong on the above though :D

And good luck Lauz .. hope you get a speedy BFP.

all too complicated for me lol, I think I'll just hope for the best, iv never had ovulation signs in the past, but I guess I'v never been looking for them before. i'll keep me fingers crossed then thanks for the advice hun xxx

I have no idea on it lauz but just wanted to say good luck and hope u get ur BFP soon xxx

Sperm can live 5 to 7 days depending on what stage you are in your cycle. If you are close to ovulation, your CM gets thicker which is to actually help sperm survive. If you want to understand cycles you should look up natural family planning, even though it's about not conceiving it can really help you understand your body. I used it for a good 6-9 months before TTC and because I knew my cycle so well (and because I am lucky) I conceived first time.

Sperm can live 5 to 7 days depending on what stage you are in your cycle. If you are close to ovulation, your CM gets thicker which is to actually help sperm survive. If you want to understand cycles you should look up natural family planning, even though it's about not conceiving it can really help you understand your body. I used it for a good 6-9 months before TTC and because I knew my cycle so well (and because I am lucky) I conceived first time.

Thanks Marley I think I will do just that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->