Cycle After Clomid

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Dazed, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Dazed

Dazed Going with the flow

Can any of you ladies that have tried clomid tell me if your first natural cycle after clomid was the same legth as a clomid cycle or was it longer?

Thanks in advance and :dust: to everyone!

2. nevernormal

nevernormal Mom to precious Levi

I am curious about this as well, as I decided to take a break from clomid this cycle.

3. Dazed

Well, I have just been using Bing to find out, and so far nothing! I hope someone has an answer for us.

4. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Expecting 2nd son!

Good question! This is my first non clomid cycle since February and I'm wondering the same thing!

5. Dazed

Wow... really? 24 views and 4 replys for people looking for the same answer. I know there are alot of girls that are LTTTC that have used clomid and NO ONE has any experience of a cycle post clomid? Kinda disappointed.

6. Princess Lou

Princess Lou Finally a Mummy!

Wish I could help.

I had six rounds of Clomid and only the middle four helped. As I haven't had a period/ovulated in over three years without those four rounds of Clomid I can't over any information.

Hope you get your answer though. X

7. WrightMom2be

WrightMom2be Trying For Baby Wright!

I was only on clomid(50mg) for 3 months, have been off of it for two months, and this month I'm back on clomid (100mg). As far as my cycles were, they were exactly the same all the way through, no change. Sorry I couldn't be much help but I didn't want to r&r.

8. Lizzy444

Lizzy444 Well-Known Member

I did 5 cycles of Clomid earlier this year and for the most part, I'd say my cycle varied a little. Before Clomid, it was usually 24-25 days and with the higher dosages (100 and 150) of Clomid it was 26-27 days (I think it was the same when I was on 50). So yes, a slight change, but nothing huge. Hope this helps!

I'm on Clomid again this cycle, but it's with injections so I totally don't know what to expect. In the 2ww now.

9. wanting2010

wanting2010 Finally a Mommy!

I think it's a little different for me because my last cycle of Clomid I didn't ovulate. I had to induce my next period with Provera. It is my guess that your cycle will probably go back to being similar to how it was before Clomid, but that's only a guess. Sorry I couldn't be more help. :hugs:

10. Dazed

Thanks Ladies, I really appreciate the feed back! I was only on 50mg for 4 cycles and I'm not using opk's this month so I just wanted an idea of when to expect af.

:dust: to all and I hope we all get our BFP's soon!

11. TeddyBearPug

TeddyBearPug Well-Known Member

I had to pull up my old FF chart to see, but the cycle after clomid was pretty much the same as with clomid for me.

12. Sophe

Sophe Well-Known Member

I am on my third round of clomid, its made me O've earlier, I don't know what will happen when I stop the clomid, as not got to that point yet, would also like to know what to expect... hence me reading this thread! I am expecting my cycle will go back to normal, maybe not straight away, won't be suprised if tehre is a long delay and AF does that thing where hides for a week or so and sends you loopy!

13. Dazed

Thank you to all who answered. It really gives me some insight!

The consensis I am reading (from here and another thread) is that it stays about the same. There was one answer that if you don't ovulate on your own, it won't be the same. Luckily, I ovulate on my own!

14. nevernormal

nevernormal Mom to precious Levi

I don't ovulate on my own, at least not regularly :(. I'm making other lifestyle changes though to try to help that.

15. Dazed

Lets hope the clomid kick started something for you! We need to get out of this section of the forum.

16. purplesparkle

purplesparkle Well-Known Member

just finished 6 month of clomid my cycle has been the same as clomid cycle so far