Cycle length while breastfeeding?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering what other people's experiences have been. We are very keen to conceive our last child as soon as possible for many reasons (mainly work and financial, it's much easier to have the next one sooner rather than later). I'm still breastfeeding my daughter usually four times a day and once or twice at night (I hope to get to at least a year again). I got my first pp period on the 1st of April after only a three day luteal phase. I charted and used OPKs as well as monitored my signs, so knew when I ovulated. Clearly the breastfeeding messed with that cycle and gave me the tiniest luteal phase. So I've been taking vit b6 to help lengthen it as well as vitamin c and a pregnacare breastfeeding multivitamin. Hopefully when I ovulate again my luteal phase will be longer.

The thing is, I've been waiting 39 days now for my second ovulation postpartum and I'm getting really frustrated with waiting this long :nope: I know breastfeeding can give you irregular cycles, I was just hoping that they wouldn't be super long irregular cycles.

Did anyone else have really long cycles while they were breastfeeding?
How long did it take for them to shorten again?

Thanks for any input.

My current cycle:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d7586//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I got my first pp period when our daughter was a year and 2 months. Then it was very irregular with a few very long cycles. Now she's 2 and it still is irregular but I do get more periods. I use OPK's and noticed the short time between ovulation and period, so since this month I am using vit B complex 100, vitamin C and maca root. I did have an early miscarriage in januari, so I hope I get pregnant and stay pregnant soon. My daughter still drinks a lot and I am 38 years old. I believe this makes an irregular cycle more likely to occur...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->