cycle more irregular than usual?

raelynjo

Reaction score
I'm kind of new here & posted this elsewhere, but haven't gotten any replies & thought after looking around, maybe it would fit better here.

My last period started Dec. 13th. 10 days later, I had some cramping like I usually do before I start except it was longer lasting (instead of some here & there, there was a heavy feeling for long periods of time) but still not painful (mine usually aren't though) & light brown (like light colored old blood) discharge for a couple of days with one spot of pinkish-red blood once when I wiped. The discharge was light, so light that I only used liners & one prolly would have been fine for all of the days combined (except obviously that's unhygienic & gross). For a couple weeks after, I would occasionally have short, slight twinge feelings (not painful just noticeable) near my pelvic bones (this occured on both sides, but usually only one at a time).

My next period should have started around this past Sunday (the 16th). Tuesday, I had some pink discharge mixed in with mostly clear (like thick egg white-like) once when I wiped.

My friend thinks I am pregnant, & while I know this isn't impossible, it seems unlikely. I had sex once in the last couple months & it was the night before I started my last period, & I am on the mini pill. All last year my cycles were longer than usual (usually they are around 34, many were 47-50 & a few were 28-30), so I kind of figure that maybe this is just another long cycle. I am only concerned that something is going on because of the 2 instances of discharge I mentioned. I don't have any pain, itching, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this or has some ideas for me. Thanks for reading my long explanation & I hope to get some feedback!

Didn't want to r&r, but the only way of knowing is to take a test. You can find them for really cheap at the dollar store.

Thanks for the reply! I do have an hpt already, I plan on taking it if my cycle goes too long or anything else happens that makes me feel the need to. With my son, I just knew I was pregnant a couple days before my period was due, no other symptoms.

I agree, all you can do it a test. No harm in that! It does kinda sound as though your last 'period' could have been an implantation bleed but the only way to put your mind at rest one way or the other is a test!

Test hun and then if negititve maybe mention to your doctor about the werid discharge. I dont no if its side effects to the pill or anything

Did you see your doc about your long cycles? Sounds like it could be associated with something like endometriosis or PCOS, Polyps , Fibroid, and many other things that can effect our lady parts. Look of a list of symptoms for some of those and see if anything fits you and then give your Doctor a ring with your concerns about your cycle lengths.

Thanks for the responses! stucknthecity, I checked out the symptoms of what you suggested & I didn't find anything that jumped out at me that seemed to follow what's been going on. The lengthened cycles I attributed to my birth control, as it is common to have longer cycles or no period on them. I have had longer cycles before (just not as many near each other) but it has always been while on the mini pill. When I went off it for almost a year, my cycles were normal during that time.

Any which way, if my cycle goes much longer, I do plan on testing. And also, I will be seeing a doc soon anyways because I am due for the fun yearly visit. I wanted to thank you ladies so much for taking a moment to reply to my post (& to anyone else who might)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->