cycle mystery

spicyorange

Reaction score
So I been on the pill for 9 years, I don't really remember before that, I know I kept a crude calender to know when to expect af (i have a vague memory around 35 days)but that's as much attention as I gave it and I don't have them anymore plus i was only 18 so they didn't exactly havemuch time to be post pubity settle. Iv no idea what "ovulation pain" feels like or if I get it, currently my cm all looks the same.I don't want to obsess when we start ttc but I'm a but worried I have no idea about my body. Dh won't go for me coming off early because we both hate condoms. Anyone in the same boat or got any tips?

Would you consider withdrawal method? I hated having any hormones in my body because they didn't agree with me at all, so we tried the withdrawal almost two and a half years ago and never looked back since.

I'd say whenever the time comes just go with the flow, don't worry too much over the first few months, just give your body time to adjust and then start tracking how things are loosely so you know what to look out for? Some months I don't have any ovulation pain, others I do. So even though my body hasn't had anything in it, it still doesn't run like clockwork so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hi spicyorange, mines practically the same story! I went on the pill 10 years ago at 18 as me and (now) hubby were fed up of worrying each month as my periods were all over the place (some cycles were 20 days others could be up to 40 and any where in between with no pattern!)
The only thing I do remember is having a dull ache which I always put down to ovulating but I can't remember how long after I would get my period, ect.

I'm just praying I dont go crazy when it doesn't happen in the first few months!

I'm just praying I dont go crazy when it doesn't happen in the first few months!

This! My problem is I know every month that it doesn't happen will break my heart, I keep telling myself it could, probably will, take time, but I want it so badly that waiting is hard enough now never mind when we are ttc.

This! My problem is I know every month that it doesn't happen will break my heart, I keep telling myself it could, probably will, take time, but I want it so badly that waiting is hard enough now never mind when we are ttc.

Yep!! Having children is nothing but waiting! Wait to try, with for that bfp, wait nine months, wait hours possibly days through labour!!!

Soooo much waiting!!!!!

IM feeling the same spicy. I want to know what ovulation feels like they say its better to just go with the flow though and not get too stressed. I went on the pill when i was 17 so its been a while. I think my periods before that were roughly every 30 days so hopefully they are that once i come off. Would you consider natural family planning method?

Think it take a few months for nfp to work because you need to know your cycles and I'm not sure dh Will go for pull out. He well see as soon as I stop the pill as ttc.still to agree exactly when I stop taking the pill.that's a conversation for September after our holiday I think.

I haven't taken pills in a long time so I couldn't specifically say for sure on those. I was however using the NuvaRing for quite some time. (Remembering to take pills daily is not an easy feat for me.) When I came off NuvaRing my body pretty much kept the exact same cycle I had going. Although I honestly have no clue when I started to ovulate because at the time it wasn't something I was really concerned with. I have gone years in between using NuvaRing simply due to how expensive it is and I didn't have insurance at the time, but my cycles have remained consistent. DH and I just eventually decided to keep me off instead of on and off and on again as thats really hard on my moods. It's been about a year and a half since I have used BC and though I have just now started to really mark EXACTLY which day is CD1, I can tell you its always shortly after the 20th. I don't think there was a big difference in my cycles after coming off the pill, but again it has been so long it's hard to say with absolute certainty.

I have read part of your journal and know this is something you've been wanting and waiting for for a very long time, soon the time will be here and you can at least be active in ttc. Just try to hang in there, not much longer now. Best wishes.

I was on the pill for 8 years and came off of it in January. I basically just told my DH that I was doing it. I wanted to get the hormones out of my body and give myself time to balance out and regulate. I started charting to get a better idea of my cycles and learned so much about my body. I didn't really give my H a choice. I told him I was going off of the pill, and we could start having sex when I wasn't fertile, or use condoms (which neither of us like, but to me it was more important to get my body straight than it was to be able to have sex without condoms). I'm definitely glad I did because my body needed several months to balance itself out and still isn't even fully there yet, and we want to start TTC in August, so I would have been really disappointed had I waited to stop the pill until TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->