Cycle tracking as contraception

rachieroo

2 Girls, 1 boy, 2 pmps.
Reaction score
Has anyone tracked their cycles to stop themselves getting pregnant? I have two girls and have recently gone through my second partial molar pregnancy. Because of the nature of the miscarriage we aren't allowed to ttc for 6 months after my hcg has dropped to 0 and they are currently 136 7 weeks after my first evac (I needed two) so chances are we won't be given the go ahead until at least Oct. I don't want to go back on the pill because I am happier off it so the thought of other hormonal contraception is off putting also. Condoms are not appealing and the withdrawal method is driving me nuts!! How efficient is cycle tracking for preventing pregnancy, so like dtd around ovulation? my cycles are pretty consistent so once they come back I should be able to pinpoint ov. TIA.

I don't think cycle tracking alone is enough if you have a medical reason to prevent pregnancy hunny.

I am not fan of hormonal birth control and condoms either, and i do cycle tracking + withdrawal, but even that has resulted in a pregnancy at one point!

Try a diaphragm?

I'm doing a combo of that & cycle tracking. You're supposed to use spermicide with diaphragms, but I've read some stories about it bring irritating; and I get irritated down there from certain soaps & bubble baths, so I wasn't about to squirt a bunch of that up there.

Anyway, I track my cycle, & if it's not in my fertile time we use the diaphragm (without spermicide) & if it's during a fertile time, we use a condom.

Diaphragm feels great!

If you're going to cycle track, at least temp as well and use back up methods or abstain when within five days of ovulation. Tracking alone is probably not enough.

Husband and I have very successfully used basal body temping and the pull out method as our birth control :)
First baby came when we weren't being careful and knew it.
Second baby was planned and came the first cycle ntnp

Thank you :) I looked into femidom is that the same as a diaphragm cos that seems like a pain to sort out lol. I fully intend to be sensible with it. We used withdrawal with the pmp because I wasn't allowed to use the pill and it worked until we didn't want it to. I just find it frustrating because it's nice to finish together iykwim lol. I was temping when we were ttc this pregnancy so I will know what I'm doing hopefully. Thankyou again x

No! A femidom is a female condom. A diaphragm looks like a big circle. You do have to go to a doctor to get fitted for one, learn how to insert properly, & get a prescription. Worth it though, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"