Cycles after giving birth

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by JennyOwens, Apr 9, 2009.

1. JennyOwens

JennyOwens Pregnant - 2nd time round

Hi ladies

I was wondering how long it took for your periods to become regular after giving birth... were they regular straight away or did it take some time? I've been breastfeeding so I only had my first one a couple of months ago but since then nothing... anyone else have the same thing happen?

Thanks
    Jenny
    xx

2. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

i dont really have advice on periods while bf as i stopped bf after a week! My periods have been regualr now for 4 months as i started on the pill before that they were all over the place x

3. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Mine started becoming regular again 4 months before I got my :bfp: with this one. So, about 18 months :shock: Honestly, the amount of times I thought I may have been pg, but it turned out to be a longgggggg cycle. :dohh:

4. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I'm BF too and have just got my third period. I got my first at 9 weeks, 2nd at 15 weeks and now the 3rd at 19 weeks. My old cycle was 30 days and as this last one has been 29 days I expect to carry on as normal now.