• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Cycles after stopping birth control pill

ja14

Reaction score
I'm still wtt, and I mentioned this in a thread over there, but I figured I'd find more answers here!

I stopped taking my bcp in either September or October, and I don't think my cycles have went back to "normal" yet. Before I started bcp my cycles were 32-35 days long. During bcp, the were 28. Since stopping, I've had 45, 33, 48, 44, and 48.
I plan on mentioning this at my doctor's appointment in June, but was wondering if anyone has experiences this? Did you doctor suggest anything to make your cycle regular, or shorter?

Also, I'm planning to start tempting to make sure I'm even ovulating ever month (I fear I'm not), but I keep forgetting to in the mornings. :dohh:

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me. I ended up trying for a year and a half before getting pregnant on Clomid.

Luckily I know other ladies with irregular cycles who got pregnant on their own no problem! And lots of ladies recommend Vitex to regulate your cycle. Hopefully you don't have to go through all of the hassle!

Well I'm afraid I'm not much help, but I'll share my experience.

I stopped birth control mid pack after 10 years of use, immediately had a period and have had 31 day cycles since. I would recommending temping because I figured out I O consistently around CD19. I'm still TTC, currently on cycle #3 of actively trying.

I have found my periods have been VERY VERY light off the pill. Before I got on the pill I had heavy, awful, life-disrupting periods. So IDK.

In July I had missed a couple pills which made me spot for over a month, and did one or two more cycles of bcp before stopping. I didn't wait till the end of the pack, I figured my hormones where still messed up from my mistake. I had assumed after six months things wouldn't have been back to normal! We plan to ttc around August, and I really don't see things getting normal by then without intervention. It stresses me out thinking about it every day, and I know that doesn't help!

I had one period after birth control then 3 months nothing then it was erratic. Doc did nothing had to wait a yr. Instead I tool red clover oil after a yr of weird periods and was pregnantwwithin 3 months does loads of good stuff if you read up on it fixes scaring and prevents mc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"