Cycling while ttc

Lyo28

Reaction score
It's quite hard to find a definite answer on this. It's my first time ttc while doing exercise. I cycle about 2 to 3 times a week for an hour roughly each time. I find the exercise quite intense and my heart rate stays around 150 for most of the cycle.

Can I keep it up or does it seem like too much? Some sites say it's fine to keep it up. Other mention to keep your heart rate in a safe zone but I don't have much control ov r that when I'm in the middle of a cycle!

From what I've read, it's OK if you're used to this kind of exercise. It would be bad if you were doing this kind of exercise daily and for more hours but 3 hours a week of high intensity cycling is not overdoing it. If you aren't used to it, your body might be stressing from adapting to your new routine and it could affect O, but if this is a usual thing, no problem.

WSS^. As long as it's part of your usual routine, I can't see it really affecting anything.

I would carry on, although I must admit I am paranoid I don't go running the day before, the day of and the day after ovulation, just in case

My midwife said when I was pregnant to keep up the same level of exercise I was used to, so I can't imagine it being different when ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->