Cyclizine for hg

KimmyLou

Reaction score
Hi,
I've had morning sickness now for 5-6 weeks with it increasingly worse in the last few weeks. After being at the Drs 3 times in less than a week, they've finally said its hyperemesis gravidarum. They've finally put me on cyclizine to help. Has anyone else been prescribed it and does it work for you? xx

Hi i was put on this in my 2nd pregnancy I head it works for alot of people. It worked for me for a couple of days i didnt be sick. Still felt sick but then it stopped working after a few days and everytime i took it i was sick and made me feel sick so had to stop it and continue being very ill. alls u can do is try it and see how you go with it.

I've been on it since yesterday, it's definitely helped so far. I really hope it doesn't stop working for me.. :nope:

Doesn't work for me I still vomit and makes me extremely tired they prescribed be proclazine something like that it's a buccal tablet under your tounge it's great you don't have to take it 3x a day like cyc zine xxx

I had it for my last pregnancy and have been on it since 6 weeks with this one. I've not found a medication that completely stops me being sick, but this helps to control it. I can still keep enough down to stop being dehydrated & needing hospital admission. I rang the morning sickness helpline & they said what you are aiming for with medication is being able to function, morning sickness at a level that other pregnant women would consider normal MS rather than HG, and not being hydrated.

The pregnancy sickness support website has a lot of info as well as the helpline. Www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk

PS Cyclizine works best if spread out evenly over 24 hours to keep a constant level in your body.

Had cyclizine In 2 pregnancies and definitely helped x

Thank you for your comments. I managed to not be sick last night and through the night which felt great. I'm hoping it continues to work. Xx

I had it for my last pregnancy and have been on it since 6 weeks with this one. I've not found a medication that completely stops me being sick, but this helps to control it. I can still keep enough down to stop being dehydrated & needing hospital admission. I rang the morning sickness helpline & they said what you are aiming for with medication is being able to function, morning sickness at a level that other pregnant women would consider normal MS rather than HG, and not being hydrated.

The pregnancy sickness support website has a lot of info as well as the helpline. Www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk

Thank you. I will take a look at that website. I hope your sickness eases soon too xx

Thank you for your comments. I managed to not be sick last night and through the night which felt great. I'm hoping it continues to work. Xx

How are you feeling today? I'm still struggling to keep hydrated & eat enough, but so far I've had no sick, just nausea. Hopefully that continues until I feel better.

How are you feeling today? I'm still struggling to keep hydrated & eat enough, but so far I've had no sick, just nausea. Hopefully that continues until I feel better.

I had a rough night, constantly thinking I was going to be sick but no sick came up. Apart from that, I'm living off sipping water,sipping lucozade with loads of ice and spearmint softmints. I haven't felt as dizzy either but I'm thinking that's because I'm having some sugar. Xx

Definitely sympathize :hugs:

I've managed to force myself to eat half a sandwich.
I know if I don't eat any carbs I'll get hospitalized again..which I'm not intending to happen, I've already got 6 puncture wounds from the last time :dohh:

Hopefully this only lasts another couple of weeks at the most for us both!!

Definitely sympathize :hugs:

I've managed to force myself to eat half a sandwich.
I know if I don't eat any carbs I'll get hospitalized again..which I'm not intending to happen, I've already got 6 puncture wounds from the last time :dohh:

Hopefully this only lasts another couple of weeks at the most for us both!!

Yes, here's to it hopefully not lasting too much longer!! :hugs:

Definitely try keep the carbs up as much as poss to keep out of the hospital xx

I had this the whole way through my 2nd pregnancy as I had HG also I was taking it from 4 weeks up until she was born although it didn't stop me feeling sick it did stop me being sick to a degree and I could feel when it started to wear off

I hope it works for you :hugs:

I tried cyclazine and it didn't work for me. Mine was more for the constant awful nausea, I only vomit a few times of a night. I tried 4 others too (phenergan, another beginning with P I can't remember, metoclopramide and ondansetron) and none of them helped me ☹️.
Fingers crossed the cyclazine carries on working for you xxx

I'm on cyclizine and stemetil (prochlorperazine melate) the stemetil wasn't enough on its own. I'm still constantly nauseous but very rarely sick now I go straight to bed in the evening as I get worse and I've had all my tabs. Ask for more if the cyclizine isn't working enough on its own but don't take metoclopramide with anything as you aren't supposed to even if your doc says it's okay it's not very new research I nearly done it myself my doc had no idea. Hope you feel better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->