Cyclone Yasi In Australia!

oOKayOo

Reaction score
Please anyone that is in Australia or Live up near the North please update here , All my family live where its headed and my Second Home :( Is It headed to Cairns? , i cant seem to find much on it , so i thought Any Aussies will be more clued up what with the News etc.

I don't know if this is any help but it's from today.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...g-Queensland-braces-for-worst-ever-storm.html

My sister is in Cairns too. I'm not sure on all the details, but I know it's headed for a lot of the recently flooded areas too.

It's supposed to hit Cairns at 10pm tomorrow (roughly 28 hours from now). The hospital has been evacuated as it's right on the water and they're expecting waters to rise 6m. They've evacuated the CBD and are cautioning everyone to evacuate. My sister has no where to go :( Her boyfriend and his parents are staying put and she doesn't want to leave them and doesn't know anyone else up there.

Fingers crossed for QLD. I have friends and family there to and just hope they will be okie :(

Well my bloody family have booked a hotel near the coast in Cairns to watch the damn thing! They are having a Cyclone Party! WTF? Seriously! My dad loves this stuff but i told him this isnt time to joke around , its serious!
Some live in Smithfield and apparently said they wont leave due they may not flood there .. doesnt matter imo ! Other things can happen.

My brother Lives in Trinity Beach ( this is where i lived right on the seafront overlooking it) and god knows what he will be doing , he isnt the safe type but he better leave there as its all coast line there!

Its making me panic so much! And everyone seems to be laughing and staying put! My nan and Grandad are also staying put :( Goood , i hate this.

To be honest i think people should go to Karunda up in the mountains near the rainforest , be out of the way from sea level! Wish i was there to slap my dad out of this ' Ooo its a cyclone Faze'

My sisters boyfriend's family is the same. They said "we'll only leave if it gets bad" Hellooooooo. When it gets bad it's too late to go anywhere! Police and SES are already starting to tell people to go back to their houses, it's too late to go anywhere at this point.

Upgraded to category 5 already, still with hours before it actually hits so it will continue building. Wind speeds have already been recorded at 295kph this morning.

Aussies are very light hearted and have such a strong attitude i found. Tablelands would be a tiny bit better but not much :/

Just watching news coverage on tv now - due to hit just south of Cairns around midnight local time (GMT+10 I think), with swells of upto 12m predicted. Cairns CBD deserted (apart from news crews!!), but evacuation centres full...
Try www.smh.com.au for more updates
I hope it isn't that bad tho'!

CBD isnt deserted though! My family are there , they wont move , god im so scared i am really really panicing , my nan and grandad they live in a wooden house , its pretty much on stilts! Oh please please dont hurt any of them :(

They are getting the eye of it now!

My family are typical aussies , they wont move unless it gets really bad they are all outside having a cyclone party , videoing it , thing is i dont think they relise how damn bad this is!

Or am i just freaking out for no reason!?

https://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

This is a link to the most accurate predictions. Almost an hour old though. Shows the areas most likely to be affected though.

Still a coupe of hours away from landfall. I hope your family takes shelter soon Kay.

Goverment are turning the power off in 4 mins x

thinking of you and your family kay! hope they take shelter xxx :hugs: xxx

my older brothrer is traveling hes been working on lizard island they evacuated to cairns he tried to get to family on the otherside of oz but all roads and airports closed its so scarey as all shelters are closed hes been instructed to get in the bath with a matress on top of him i hope this passes quickly xx

Quote from News.com.au:

8.57pm Authorities fear some tourists in Cairns may underestimate Yasi's deadly threat - with backpackers crowding on to balconies at city resorts, posing for photos and chanting ''Yasi, Yasi, Yasi - Oi, Oi, Oi".

hope everyones friends and families keep safe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->