Cystic Hygroma (large NT@12 weeks)--not a good scan--Updated :)

OMG look at that head of hair! He is perfect, <3 omg I am so excited for my baby boy to come!

Came back online especially to see how you're doing and am so happy for you that he's here safe and sound and gorgeous to boot! Congrats Hun!

thank you all so much! it was a bumpy road but one i am SO glad i traveled all the way through :) it's so crazy going back and reading the first posts on this thread now! what a long way we've come.

Awww just read through most of this Thread...

I am sooo glad that everything turned out great for you and Baby :)

what a lovely story! so glad your little man turned out healthy! congrats!

:)

he is doing great. he is a cute little buggar! he is still kind of developing into his personality...right now he just wakes, looks around, eats, sleeps...oh and of course poops & pees a lot lol. and farts. this boy sure can fart!

he loves cuddling and especially enjoys sleeping on daddy's chest. we are enjoying getting to know him :)

I have just read through your journey. I so glad that you have your wonderful little man happy and healthy at home, and thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure you have brought hope and support to many people on this forum too. Enjoy your babymoon xx

Hi there your story is such a joy to read and gives me hope that my little boy will keep fighting. I'm 16+1, 3 weeks ago I was told that he had a septated cystic hygroma with plural effusion and fluid on the brain. I was advised to terminate as the condition was too much for him to survive. I decided against as I believe nature will decide the fate. I had a scan last week and was told that the plural effusion had gone and there was not any fluid on the brain however the hygroma had grown and there was fluid around the skin. I decided to have the amnio which was carried out on Tuesday, the results came back normal and I am now waiting for a scan date on the heart so they can see if that is what the problem is. The consultant seems to have a very dim view about the outcome of the pregnancy, however she sounded surprised to learn the results were normal. I am praying that the chances of miscarriage have reduced as there is not a chromosonal defect.

Barny, I am glad you got to see this read so you are aware that these babies will survive!

Good luck Barny, I truly hope your story carries out like gigglebox's has! :hugs:
xx
Gigglebox, it's so touching that your journey has and still is making such an impact on people, you and your little man should be so proud :) I didn't even have any complications and your story hit home with me from day one, I'm so so glad it turned out the way it did! I wish you and your little family nothing but the absolute best from here on out xxx

Hi there your story is such a joy to read and gives me hope that my little boy will keep fighting. I'm 16+1, 3 weeks ago I was told that he had a septated cystic hygroma with plural effusion and fluid on the brain. I was advised to terminate as the condition was too much for him to survive. I decided against as I believe nature will decide the fate. I had a scan last week and was told that the plural effusion had gone and there was not any fluid on the brain however the hygroma had grown and there was fluid around the skin. I decided to have the amnio which was carried out on Tuesday, the results came back normal and I am now waiting for a scan date on the heart so they can see if that is what the problem is. The consultant seems to have a very dim view about the outcome of the pregnancy, however she sounded surprised to learn the results were normal. I am praying that the chances of miscarriage have reduced as there is not a chromosonal defect.

i am so, so sorry you are going through this. at this point i think you'll find, as i did, that you will be living one obstacle at a time. the chromosomal test is a huge one and that is amazing your baby passed. keep having faith, i have read countless stories of survival on babies like ours.

here is a link to a ton of success stories. these kept me going when it seemed like termination was the only option. https://community.babycenter.com/po..._success_stories_for_all_those_that_need_hope

Hi gigglebox,
Congratulations! I wanted to add that mine worked out great too for anyone that finds this thread in similar circumstances. Our beautiful, 100% healthy boy was born on leap day 2/29/12 weighing 8lb 10 oz and just over 21 inches. He is a great baby. I'll try to post a pic one if these days. So for anyone reading that has been faced with the same devastating prognosis we had, sometimes miracles do happen.
Much love to you Gigglebox and I hope you are recovering well too.

hedda! hi!!! i had been thinking about you and really hoping you were in the same boat as me :hugs: thank you SO MUCH for coming back and updating!!! congratulations on your new bundle, i would LOVE to see some photos! i am also in love with the fact that he was born on leap day; so neat!

Edit: on an unrelated note, i went ahead and added "large NT@12 weeks" to the title of this thread in hopes that people will find it easier. sometimes that large nuchal translucency isn't given the cystic hygroma name by doctors so i was hoping it would help people looking for information.

thank you! and look at your updated picture! getting so close now :) are you ready to have him?

thanks ladies! mommy you do good work too ;) look at that adorable face! is she a little baldy or does she have the fine blonde hair?

kendra it will be here before you know it! get some sleep while you're still able too :thumbup:

Thank you :D I've got a blondie on my hands and on the top of her head it's super fine, poor girl lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->